Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    yardo20
    Participant

Thanks @Tracey1978 – did you receive a text/email to say when it would be delivered or did it just turn up?

hsr
    Participant

you can track on TNT website https://www.tnt.com/campaign/en_gb/hmpo.html

Enter your postcode and PAN (Passport Application Number) without PEX.

Tracey1978
    Participant

@yardo20 I received a text to say they had sent it.

niafitnesspt
    Participant

My child renewal has just been approved.

Went to Peterborough and seemed to take a while to be logged as delivered compared to the next day on the Royal Mail tracking was showing (it was recieved on the 24th June) but anyway I presume it’s not too far off being posted. But who knows….

Application approved 5:25pm on 8 July 2020
    Application being processed 9:59am on 7 July 2020
    Documents received 6:28pm on 2 July 2020
    Application received 3:49pm on 22 June 2020
    Identity details received 3:49pm on 22 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:23pm on 22 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:19pm on 22 June 2020
    Application submitted 3:19pm on 22 June 2020

Your passport application has been approved.

What happens next

Your new passport is being printed. We’ll let you know when it’s on its way.

We’ll send back your old passport separately. It won’t be in the same envelope as your new passport.

Someone mentioned something on one of the other threads about more staff starting back again on the 1st July so maybe they’re starting to get through the backlog

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by niafitnesspt.
    Zobi71
    Participant

Hello,
    Here’s my timeline. We had planned to have a passport renewed (due to expire in June)for a departure at Easter (that was early March then Covid came in)—so we postponed the Eurotunnel from Easter to Summer, as well as the rooms booked and enjoyed the weather here.
    Then when I thought I would take the opportunity to have the passport done…but the message was clear: Applications could only be submitted for emergencies so I waited, waited that they removed that message- I played the game after all. The situation got somehow better. Early June, you could start visiting some places and stuff but still no change for the restrictions to apply.
    When June 15th came up, the fact we could go to the zoo but yet could not still apply for a passport….I thought “Hold on there…I’ll call”- I said I had been patient, that we’re both parents from outside the UK and we wanted to visit family badly. “OK, just apply” was the answer.
    So I applied on June 15th, did the ID confirmation on the 16th. On the 17th June, I posted the old passport to Petersborough.
    It never appeared as signed for, NEVER…so after 10 days, I called them(HM) and asked them what to do because they were supposed to receive the old one and I did send it but RM had lost it…Anyways, I got sent a form online to fill to declare it lost and they proceeded with it. Pretty smooth on this one I guess. The passport is blue if that is of any interest to anyone and it took 2 days to arrive.I am aware I am very lucky on this one and I wish you all the best if you are waiting for yours but my understanding is that it is not in their interest to get a huge backlog/mails to answers/phones calls to respond to.

Passport printed and sent 1:36pm on 6 July 2020
    Application approved 3:09pm on 3 July 2020
    Application being processed 1:37pm on 1 July 2020
    Documents received 2:24pm on 29 June 2020
    Application received 3:05pm on 17 June 2020
    Identity details received 3:05pm on 17 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:03pm on 15 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:09pm on 15 June 2020
    Application submitted 12:09pm on 15 June 2020

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Zobi71.
    Pipine
    Participant

Don’t know whether my MP got involved as I haven’t heard from her since I emailed but finally got approval!

Application approved 8 July 2020
    Application being processed 10 June 2020
    Documents received 5 June 2020
    Application received 29 May 2020
    Identity details received 29 May 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 22 May 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 21 May 2020
    Application submitted 21 May 2020

MrsK
    Participant

My childs old passport was requested to get sent to Belfast…..My nearest office would be Peterborough. Not seen anyone else sending theirs to Belfast – should I be worried?

That was yesterday, ive got until 14th August to get mine back! Eeeek!

fuzzyp
    Participant

Our child renewal has just been approved. Here’s our timeline below. Perhaps a coincidence as the average seems to be around 30 days, but earlier yesterday I phoned Passport Office (standard response that they couldn’t do anything), and also sent a PM via Twitter saying the following:

“Hello, this application was received by you on 27th May. Could you please add to the application that we have a forthcoming urgent travel date of 5th August. Many thanks.”

Application history
    Application approved 9:20pm on 8 July 2020
    Application being processed 12:38pm on 8 June 2020
    Documents received 10:10am on 3 June 2020
    Application received 9:58pm on 27 May 2020
    Identity details received 9:58pm on 27 May 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:23pm on 25 May 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:29pm on 25 May 2020
    Application submitted 9:29pm on 25 May 2020

Good luck everyone else!

Debs55
    Participant

I am so relieved, after the delays we had with the documents being received at the passport office we have now been approved and sent, looks like we’re going away afterall!

Passport printed and sent 8 July 2020
    Application approve 8 July 2020
    Application being processed 2 July 2020
    Documents received 30 June 2020
    Application received 17 June 2020
    Identity details received 17 June 2020
    Application submitted 16 June 2020

sezntom666
    Participant

I applied for my child’s renewal passport on 24th june which I know is a little late as we are due to travel on 30th august but in honesty I really believed it would be cancelled. We are travelling to greece to scatter ashes of a family member who passed away and it was their dying wish so now I have to hope and pray that my daughters renewal comes in time as if it doesnt then this impacts 5 of us as we cant travel without her.
    I wrote to my mp a few days ago as it stated for 10 days that they were still awaiting supporting documents.
    Today I got a reply from my mp stating she was going to help the best she can . Which is great. So as of writing this on 10th july my application says recieved support documents . So fingers crossed.

Ljem
    Participant

Still waiting for my daughter’s renewal to move on from processing. Been sat in processing for almost 2 weeks, I’ve rang and they just say it’s sat in examination and nothing else. My MP has written to them and still zero progress. If no progress by Monday I think we will need to see if we can at least cancel our accommodation and try and claw back some of the money. Just seems so unfair when we allowed 2 months for them to process and you see others having theirs turned around much quicker than us 🙁

laura123
    Participant

I have been coming on this site daily and constantly refreshing the posts ha!
    So thought I would help others out. We are due to fly on the 1st August and we thought our holiday would be cancelled. When the air bridges were announced my partner remembered his passport had ran out- our family of 4 passports were all due to run out every year for the next 4 years. We thought my partner’s was first.
    He applied for his on the 22nd June and we had it back this week. It took about 2 weeks being sent to Peterborough.

On Monday I had a bit of a brain wave and realised my son’s had also expired. Within 10 mins of realising, I had applied, had his picture verified by a nurse and sprinted to the post office to send his passport. After finding this site, I have emailed, called, got my MP involved and tweeted!
    Here is where we are at so far. I am impressed with the process at the moment but also in a massive panic about the fact lots of applications seem to get stuck at processing. I know it is a massive mistake on our part but I am sure a lot of you are in the same situation where we didn’t even consider that travel would be a possibility this year!
    I find it crazy that air bridges were announced when the passport offices were obviously struggling. There should be some extra help given from the government!

We are due to fly 3 weeks tomorrow-

Just to add that our status changed to being processed about 15 minutes after I had a reply on twitter to say that they had added our travel date to our application.

Application history

Application being processed 11:01am on 10 July 2020
    Documents received 6:19pm on 8 July 2020
    Application received 10:37am on 6 July 2020
    Identity details received 10:36am on 6 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:18am on 6 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:05am on 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 10:05am on 6 July 2020

Can anyone give time scales on how long they were waiting at the processing stage recently please?

jamesd1974
    Participant

Adults are quite quick children’s take weeks on end

AnnaP
    Participant

Mine took 41 days from start to finish for a child’s renewal
    That was a paper application. To be fair, as soon as I tweeted it moved along and was sent in a matter of days.

sezntom666
    Participant

So my local mp messaged me this morning and said they were happy to assist with my child renewal after I explained we were travelling in august and it was to scatter ashes if a family member for their dying wish. And today it’s gone it to processing. Fingers crossed it is accepted soon
    Application historypages.view.applicationHistory.statuspages.view.applicationHistory.dateApplication

being processed11:45am on 10 July
    2020Documents received9:04am on 9 July 2020Application received8:43pm on 25 June 2020Identity details received8:42pm on 25 June 2020Email sent to person confirming your identity4:52pm on 24 June 2020Ask someone to confirm your identity4:47pm on 24 June 2020Application submitted4:47pm on 24 June 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.