Reply To: Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal Reply To: Child's renewal

AndyH
Participant

hi all, update on my daughters renewal below (durham office), it just needs to be posted and arrive now. We are due to go away on 01/08/2020.

Application approved 2:32pm on 16 July 2020
Application being processed 9:23am on 16 July 2020
Documents received 12:06pm on 12 July 2020
Application received 11:06am on 1 July 2020
Identity details received 11:05am on 1 July 2020
Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:45am on 1 July 2020
Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:09am on 1 July 2020

For info I contacted HMPO on Twitter on 03/07/20 stating that it was urgent and that the holiday was booked prior to Covid and asked if there was anything they could do. I received a reply on 09/07/20 saying they had put a note on the application that it was urgent.

On 10/07/2020 i contacted my MP as i saw via this forum that people who applied after me were progressing at a faster rate, they replied instantly and had contacted UKVI who informed them that it was noted as urgent. My MP advised me to call the HMPO help on Tuesday (14/07) this week to request an update, which i did. I very helpful call handler tried several things to escalate the application, however my timeline was just outside of being able to this, so he put in callback request from the processing team (within 48 hours). The time lapsed so I gave the helpline a call yesterday (I knew they were busy and i wasn’t expecting a callback in 48 hours but thought why not) and a rude and abrupt call handler answered who basically refused to help me.

I therefore contacted HMPO via Twitter again basically detailing how rude the call handler was and also informed my MP who had requested an update. Next thing I know it was processed and approved. I spoke to my MP today who said they had contact UKVI after my email yesterday for an update as I was not having any luck. Maybe i was lucky having a rude call handler which forced me to complain?!?

All in all HMPO were great (aside from the call handler yesterday), they are dealing with so many people, who like me are probably right pains in the arse chasing for updates. If you want you application to progress I would suggest regular contact in a polite manner (within the timeframes they suggest unless really urgent) as there is no logic to processing times – a call handler pretty much told me it was luck of the draw where you applications sits, especially in terms of documents being logged as received!

Good luck everyone. I’ll update when i receive the passport.