Reply To: Hemel Hempstead

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Hemel Hempstead Reply To: Hemel Hempstead

Mumof4
Participant

UPDATE TO MY EARLIER POST.

Both applications had a different passport office address to send the documents to but I read that you could send all documents together to any address given (chose HH – not sure why) to keep the applications together as family application. Useful if you are needed to send 1 document for 2 separate applications. My excuse was that I was then just paying 1 postage cost for sending 2 old passports.

Posted Documents: 17 January
Delivered at HH: 18 January

So far this is what I have:

CHILD UPDATES
Application received 8:23pm on 16 January 2023
Identity details received 8:23pm on 16 January 2023
Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:30pm on 16 January 2023
Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:17pm on 16 January 2023
Application submitted 4:17pm on 16 January 2023

ADULT UPDATES
Documents received 11:50am on 24 January 2023 ***THIS IS THE ONLY UPDATE***
Application received 11:58am on 16 January 2023
Application submitted 11:57am on 16 January 2023

Noticed how the passport office ONLY scanned in the Adult’s old passport as received and not the Child’s old passport which was sent in the same envelope as the Adult’s one. So the child application is still in the “send old document” status.
Obviously, panicking slightly as trying to get information from their telephone helpline as to why the Child one has not been updated, does not get you anywhere. They keep saying to wait and the Child one will get scanned in “after 7 days, then wait till the weekend”. No solid guidelines.

Will update again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Mumof4.