Hemel Hempstead

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Hemel Hempstead

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    elgordino
    Participant

Passport received this morning.

Old passport posted 3rd Dec
    Delivered by Royal Mail 23rd Dec
    HH Acknowledged receipt 28th Dec
    Printed 29th Dec
    Received 3rd Jan

I never received a tracking number for the delivery, it was just put through the door, with no signature required.

ft247
    Participant

Glad some of you are having success, HMPO have still not acknowledged receipt of my documents but Royal Mail say they delivered on 30th Nov. It feels like Royal Mail are lying to me, I don’t think the passport office would sit on it for a month, there isn’t that backlog at the moment.

siege
    Participant

I was assigned the Hemel Hempstead Passport Office for my passport application.

Application created on the 27th December.
    Old passport posted by Signed For 1st Class on the 28th December.
    Royal Mail delivered the passport to the Passport Office on the 6th Jan.
    New passport delivered to me on the 12th Jan.

Stages of my passport application from gov.uk:

Passport printed 10 January 2023
    Application approved 10 January 2023
    Documents received 10 January 2023
    Application received 27 December 2022
    Application submitted 27 December 2022

shark
    Participant

Hi have you received your old passport back yet ?

danchapman
    Participant

I have applied for a child password renewal for my son on 9 January. His old passport was delivered and signed for on 10 January by the Hemel Hempstead office, but his application still has not been updated to show as being received. Is this normal to take a week or more?

My other concern is both my other children’s old passports were received at another office and signed for by HMPO with no signature whereas the old passport sent to Hemel Hempstead was signed for by STUART, with a signature.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by danchapman.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by danchapman.
    _____jb
    Participant

Online adult renewal. Used a PhotoMe booth with the digital reference.
    Documents went to Hemel Hempstead Passport Office.
    Passport application received: 06/01/2023
    Royal Mail delivered: 09/01/2023
    Documents received: 17/01/2023
    Passort application approved: 18/01/2023
    Passport printed: 18/01/2023
    Passport delivered by TNT: 20/01/2023
    Awaiting return of my supporting documents.

Mumof4
    Participant

Child and Adult – Renewal

I thought I would share my experience with HEMEL HEMPSTEAD office as it happens, as I have been finding comfort reading everyone else’s reviews and hope this helps someone else.

Both applications were done online. Photos taken by myself using a free passport photo app.

I sent my children’s old passports via next day special delivery service (I paid more than regular signed for service as this is not guaranteed next day, but I am a little desperate because we have March 9 booked for travel. So I wanted to make sure Royal Mail doesn’t mess me up with additional days delivery times).

Both applications had a different passport office address to send the documents to but I read that you could send all documents together to any address given (chose HH – not sure why) to keep the applications together as family application. Useful if you are needed to send 1 document for 2 separate applications. My excuse was that I was then just paying 1 postage cost for sending 2 old passports.

Posted Documents: 17 January
    Delivered at HH: 18 January

So far this is what I have:

CHILD UPDATES
    Application received 8:23pm on 16 January 2023
    Identity details received 8:23pm on 16 January 2023
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:30pm on 16 January 2023
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:17pm on 16 January 2023
    Application submitted 4:17pm on 16 January 2023

ADULT UPDATES
    Application received 11:58am on 16 January 2023
    Application submitted 11:57am on 16 January 2023

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Mumof4.
    Mumof4
    Participant

Did you get an update yet to say they have received your son’s old passport?

run212
    Participant

Hello everyone! I recently applied from the U.S. for my first UK passport along with my mom, who was born in the U.K., and my two siblings. We mailed all of our supporting documents in one mailer but within separate manila envelopes clearly labeled with our respective names and PEX reference numbers. However, while my siblings and I received confirmation that our documents were received on the exact same day and time (January 12th at 7:06AM NYC time), my mom still hasn’t received the same email about her own documents. Has anyone experienced this before? I reached out to HMPO via email about a week ago and they said to just give it more time but it seems odd because all of our documents were within the same mailer. Additionally, my sister received an email asking for us to send our parent’s marriage certificate but didn’t ask for any of her other documents (e.g. birth certificate) which leads me to believe they actually do have my mom’s documents. I might call them this week if I don’t receive any update but it’s fairly expensive because I live in the U.S. so I would appreciate any tips if someone has experienced the same thing – thanks!

siege
    Participant

Sorry, I meant to check this sooner. No I haven’t received my old passport back yet. I have a feeling that the HH passport office doesn’t get regular postal service. Took forever to deliver my old passport there and it’s taking forever for them to get it back to me.

Very efficient once they had my passport though.

Mumof4
    Participant

UPDATE TO MY EARLIER POST.

Both applications had a different passport office address to send the documents to but I read that you could send all documents together to any address given (chose HH – not sure why) to keep the applications together as family application. Useful if you are needed to send 1 document for 2 separate applications. My excuse was that I was then just paying 1 postage cost for sending 2 old passports.

So far this is what I have:

CHILD UPDATES

ADULT UPDATES
    Documents received 11:50am on 24 January 2023 ***THIS IS THE ONLY UPDATE***

Noticed how the passport office ONLY scanned in the Adult’s old passport as received and not the Child’s old passport which was sent in the same envelope as the Adult’s one. So the child application is still in the “send old document” status.
    Obviously, panicking slightly as trying to get information from their telephone helpline as to why the Child one has not been updated, does not get you anywhere. They keep saying to wait and the Child one will get scanned in “after 7 days, then wait till the weekend”. No solid guidelines.

Will update again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Mumof4.
    Tito2023
    Participant

Hi All
    I have the same situation for my son
    I have sent the documents on 9th and arrived by 10th and till now the documents haven’t been scanned. Is there anyone received an update from Hemel Hempstead for child passport?

Mumof4
    Participant

Hi Tito2023,

They finally scanned my youngest daughter’s old passport as “received” on the 27th of Jan. bearing in mind they signed for it on the 18th of January.

I would call the help line and ask why yours is still not scanned in as it has been a long time from receiving it on the 10th till now.

Mumof4
    Participant

UPDATE:

CHILD UPDATES
    Documents received 2:37pm 27 January 2023

ADULT UPDATES
    PASSPORT ARRIVED (POSTED THROUGH DOOR) 1 FEBRUARY 2023
    Passport Printed 5:00am 31 January 2023
    Passport application Approved 10.01am on 30 January 2023
    Documents received 11:50am on 24 January 2023 ***THIS IS THE ONLY UPDATE***

Moral of the story, sending Documents (like old passports) together does not keep family applications together. Possibly only good for when needing to send 1 single document (needed for 2 separate applications) along with old passports, as this may save time.

Tito2023
    Participant

Hi Mumof4
    Thanks for the update, I already called the helpline and open a complain but nothing happened till now. Just saying they are investigating.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.