Anyone else waiting 6+ weeks for return of documents/foreign passports?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Anyone else waiting 6+ weeks for return of documents/foreign passports?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LAD
    Participant

Before I spend hours on hold again…. Is anyone else still waiting for return of supporting documents, 6+ weeks after receiving their British passport? (10+ weeks after initial application.) I paid extra for secure delivery.

During one of my calls, the agent told me that HMPO was prioritising mailing out passports over returning documents, but the target was to return documents in 3-4 weeks instead of 2. I am not sure if that has slipped further, or if my foreign passports + naturalisation certification are lost.

My PEX number doesn’t even work any longer on the passport tracking web site, and the TNT web site just shows the delivery of my British passport – no other consignments.

Cherryblossom
    Participant

I am following this as my passport has just been printed. I am paranoid that my foreign passport will be lost as it takes a year to apply for a new one in the UK and it is illegal to enter my home country on a foreign passport.

Will keep you posted as soon as I receive mine. The email said Supporting documents will arrive with in the next 2 weeks, but I note your timeline

Stp
    Participant

Honestly for anyone applying in future I’d advise not to pay for the premium delivery, they just pop it in with standard royal mail post and it won’t be caught in the dreadful TNT backlog.

My partner didn’t pay as he was in no rush and got his supporting documents back the day before his passport

Cherryblossom
    Participant

Any updates @LAD? I received my new British passport on Friday, but no sign of my supporting documents.

LAD
    Participant

No updates, eight weeks after my British passport was printed (and 11 weeks since I first applied and sent my foreign passports via signed-for delivery).

I filled out an online complaint form, which is supposed to result in a response within three days. If I don’t get a response, my next stop will be contacting my MP.

I don’t suppose the embassies of my other two countries would want to get involved and demand the passports back. The passports are, after all, their property. At this point, HMPO is holding the documents without justification, against their own process, and against my will.

leiluna
    Participant

I’m also still waiting to receive my supporting documents back after receiving my first British passport on 23rd April..

sweetmelody
    Participant

Following the post too. Hope you get them back soon. Please could you all kindly update once you have received them back l. I’ve just been notified my new passport is being printed but need my supporting documents back as soon as possible. Thanks

Cherryblossom
    Participant

No documents yet, but I will definitely keep you posted as soon as I have an update

LAD
    Participant

I tried posting yesterday, but it doesn’t seem to have shown up.

I’m still waiting with no update – now eight weeks after British passport printing (seven since arrival), and 11+ since I initially applied.

I’ve registered an official complaint online, and am in day two of (allegedly) three of waiting for a response. If I don’t hear back by Friday, I will get my MP involved.

sweetmelody
    Participant

Gosh! That’s absolutely absurd. Hope the turnaround starts to improve and you get your documents back now! Please keep us posted.

Cherryblossom
    Participant

Hi LAD any updates? It is one week after I received my British passport and still no sign of my original documents. Am really worried

leiluna
    Participant

Hi all, I received my documents back last Saturday, 3 weeks after receiving my British passport. And of course even though I paid for secure tracked delivery they were just sent by normal post..not even using a hard-back envelope…

Cherryblossom
    Participant

That is good news Leiluna. Which office did you send your original document s to? I used the we chat on Friday and was told that I can only follow up on my documents 3 weeks after the passport was printed.

leiluna
    Participant

I sent them to Liverpool

starstar
    Participant

Hi Leiluna,

Did you get any notification before they deliver your supporting documents back to you? I sent mine to Liverpool too and havent heard anything back after receiving my passport. Thx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.