‘Application approved’ vs ‘Application being processed’ – when do you know?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion ‘Application approved’ vs ‘Application being processed’ – when do you know?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    swm1982
    Participant

I think it’s a waiting game to be honest, we can’t really do anything until the 10 weeks breach and even then it’s a nightmare getting hold of anyone to push it through (looking at other peoples experience) I’m just praying my daughters moves on within the 10 weeks, I really don’t want a stressful few weeks trying to escalate it weeks before my holiday

schpilkers
    Participant

This is what I’m confused about. Some people are saying you can’t do anything until the 10 weeks has passed but others are saying you can do something if it’s two weeks before your flight. If your flight is within those 10 weeks is that okay? On top of that, there’s confusion about when the 10 weeks start. Some say it’s from the date of lodging the application, others from documents received, yet others from documents processing. Which of all those it is? The government website is not clear on this at all.

markanuk
    Participant

It’s surely 10 weeks from the date of application, has to be, yet still the time on here keeps reducing for passport times, and yet I’m still waiting.

Nicksummber1
    Participant

Application being processed 10:26am on 5 May 2022
    Identity details received 9:15am on 29 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:41pm on 28 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:18pm on 28 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:03pm on 28 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 1:01pm on 28 April 2022
    Application submitted 1:01pm on 28 April 2022

This is mine no movement since 5th May for renewal

thirshope
    Participant

My wives passport took 17 days in total from Durham
    Mine took 23 days from Peterborough as they said I may have spelt my own surname wrong!!!! had to send birth certificate but even with that, 23 days till passport in hand.

Rhea B
    Participant

Hi to All,

I was told the process starts as soon as you have applied online, I posted my old one recently which has been confirmed delivered by the post office. Has anyone seen anything ie an email or contact number for Hemel to chase receipt of old passports?

liliblue
    Participant

Has anyone tried to get their valid EU passport back from HMPO when applying for the first adult U.K. passport?
    I need to fly next week, my British passport won’t be ready with all these delays and I only want my supporting documents back! I have been calling helpline daily but no one is able to tell me what to do…

swm1982
    Participant

Hi Schpilkers,
    Mine moved from processing to approved yesterday.. I did an online chat to ask for an update, I was told it was with an examiner and it wouldn’t be too much longer.. 45mins later it was approved. I think the web chat gave it a nudge, either that or it was complete coincidence.

Rhea B
    Participant

Hi SWM1982 this is very helpful to me also where did you get the online chat link from please? Thank you

swm1982
    Participant

Hi,
    Link is
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/contact/hm-passport-office-webchat

It takes some patience, took me about 2 hours to finally see “advisors available”. Then you have to be very quick to click and enter your details before someone else gets in first.
    Good luck!

brussels83
    Participant

Submitted my sons renewal and has gone to application processing, unlike mine we have not been asked to confirm identity (online application both), will this be part of the processing stage or as it’s been look at by an examiner is it not needed now?

It’s with an examiner now but been offered no idea how long it will take

History

StatusDate
    Application being processed 12:37pm on 15 May 2022
    Documents received 2:22pm on 12 May 2022
    Application received 11:39am on 17 April 2022
    Application submitted 11:39am on 17 April 2022

Thanks in advance

schpilkers
    Participant

That’s amazing news swm1982. Thanks for reporting back I really appreciate it. That really does give me hope. I had a web chat this morning they were absolutely useless, just parroting what is already available on the website. Do you think it depends on who you get? I asked why the application was in processing and what I could do. What are the magic words you used that elicited actual progress?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by schpilkers. Reason: spelling
    thewaitinggame
    Participant

Depending on how soon you need it. If you don’t need it urgently leave it, however if you are on a deadline ‘processing’ generally means there’s an issue and I would contact them to find out what it is, as it may be on a pile without particular priority.

schpilkers
    Participant

That’s amazing news swm1982. Thanks for reporting back I really appreciate it. That really does give me hope. I had a web chat this morning they were absolutely useless, just parroting what is already available on the website. Do you think it depends on who you get? I asked why the application was in processing and what I could do. What are the magic words you used that elicited actual progress?

Rhea B
    Participant

swm1982 thank you also this is really appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.