Child Renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child Renewal

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Lynn1978
    Participant

Application being processed 2nd June
    Documents received 27th May
    Application received 22nd May
    Application submitted 21st May 2020

My application has been sent to Peterbourgh office. I cant understand how they are prioritising these applications, when you see people who applied after you and received their passport already. We fly on the 18th July and I am getting super stressed. Today I received my second email apologising for the delay.

damo5134
    Participant

Lynne I would highly recommend sending a DM to the passport office on twitter. I did this last Thursday and my childs renewal was approved and printed yesterday. No idea if it was down to the message I sent,or it was just our turn to be processed. It was stuck in processing since 2and June and we are due to travel mid July too.
    This was the Glasgow office.

Lynn1978
    Participant

Hi I DM today on twitter. I haven’t heard from them. They said to expect up to 24hrs for a reply.
    Did they ask when you were travelling?

Daddybear35
    Participant

Damo a hope you don’t mind me asking what was your timeline? From online application to printing. I called Glasgow office today and told they would get the passport officer from the progression team to phone me back within 24 hours then few hours later an email saying sorry for the delay, I have been stuck at processing from 5th june

Lynn1978
    Participant

Myself and 2 friends received same email today. It is obviously generic to everyone who remains waiting for their passport.

damo5134
    Participant

Here is my timeline. I just told them via DM on twitter that we had a holiday booked for mid July. They took 25l4 hours to reply to my DM. dont msg them again otherwise your message goes to the bottom of the queue again! They will respond. I was very polite in my DM, but my anxiety had been through the roof worrying about it, especially after seeing people were getting passports back when they had applied after I had.

Passport printed and sent1:51pm on 23 June 2020Application approved9:17am on 23 June 2020Application being processed12:45pm on 1 June 2020Documents received12:19pm on 27 May 2020Application received7:08pm on 16 May 2020Identity details received7:08pm on 16 May 2020Email sent to person confirming your identity3:21pm on 16 May 2020Ask someone to confirm your identity12:37pm on 15 May 2020Application submitted12:37pm on 15 May 2020

Lynn1978
    Participant

Hi. Yes I was very polite also. Like you my anxiety is through the roof. Hopefully I’ll hear tomorrow. You have given me hope. Thanks

Daddybear35
    Participant

Yeah I was Uber polite also guy was really genuine. I applied on 29th May and it’s been processing since 5th June so with you being processing since 2nd June you have given me one they are working through it date wise (like any sensible organisation should) and today they are on 2nd or 3rd of June and I should hear something end of this week start of next.

MrsM1982
    Participant

Hi, my application is very similar to yours @lynn1978 applied online 23rd May, sent sons old passport to Peterborough and in processing since 3rd June. We are also due to fly on the 18th July and my anxiety is through the roof! I messaged twice on Twitter and second time they put a note of my date of travel on my application but said they couldn’t guarantee anything.
    Please let us know if you have any luck!

Daddybear35
    Participant

The issue with the renewals isn’t just Covid-19 they moved 80% of the staff who where working in the offices to the nearest DWP universal credit processing centre. Apparently they are moving back to the passport office on 1st July.

A lot of the office staff for HMPO where asked back to work to get the backlog done at end April to mid May and they refused due to unsafe working conditions in almost every site at the request of the trade union.

The fact you can’t upgrade your renewal either is a very contentious rule IMO. Seen someone crack up on their twitter saying give me my passport or my money back. That’s not going to get you anywhere with them, you are at their mercy but some people have held onto the hope they get their holiday after this lockdown.

Some will say in the grand scheme of things we are being selfish but when you have thousands of pounds you have busted a gut to earn for 7/10/14 days in the sun then you are entitled to be anxious and feel frustrated especially when it is a renewal and one or both parents have passports it should be an “easy hit” imo.

Lynn1978
    Participant

@MrsM1982 I certainly will and likewise if you hear.

Lynn1978
    Participant

@daddybear35 it’s absolutely not selfish. I agree with you 100%

MrsM1982
    Participant

I have just called the passport advice number, spoke to a lady who looked at my application, I said I have heard people had received theirs back quicker than me from Peterborough, she said it had been sent to Newport even though I sent the old passport back to Peterborough, she said it depends how busy the passport office is and it can get sent elsewhere. Unfortunately that’s all she could tell me and couldn’t hurry it along, I just have to wait and be anxious 😟

MrsM1982
    Participant

I have just called the passport advice number, spoke to a lady who looked at my application, I said I have heard people had received theirs back quicker than me from Peterborough, she said it had been sent to Newport even though I sent the old passport back to Peterborough, she said it depends how busy the passport office is and it can get sent elsewhere. Unfortunately that’s all she could tell me and couldn’t hurry it along, I just have to wait and be anxious 😟

MrsM1982
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.