Child Renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child Renewal

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    MrsM1982
    Participant

I have just called the passport advice number, spoke to a lady who looked at my application, I said I have heard people had received theirs back quicker than me from Peterborough, she said it had been sent to Newport even though I sent the old passport back to Peterborough, she said it depends how busy the passport office is and it can get sent elsewhere. Unfortunately that’s all she could tell me and couldn’t hurry it along, I just have to wait and be anxious 😟

smilelyns
    Participant

Ahhhh it’s such a nightmare isn’t it?
    Mine has just gone into ‘being processed’ today but I am guessing that doesn’t really mean anything judging by this thread?!
    Why do the child renewals take so much longer than adult ones?
    Fingers crossed for you all x

9984Sarah
    Participant

Hi, have you heard anything back today ?

Lynn1978
    Participant

This does not fill me with confidence at all!! I’ll try and get through to them and see where mine has went. I’ve not had a reply either from my DM on twitter

Daddybear35
    Participant

That’s more than my 24 hour promises call back from the progression team now. Will give them to tomorrow then phone again. If I need to go down and sit at Glasgow until someone sees me I will. As uk tax payers we pay the civil servants wages! Their bosses have a lot to answer for puppets!

Lynn1978
    Participant

@mrsm1982 passport approved today!!

MrsM1982
    Participant

That’s great news Lynn! Really happy for you! I just hope my sons isn’t much longer! It’s driving me insane with worry! I don’t know what else to do and feel completely helpless, I don’t know if I should just start calling them every day or just wait?!
    Anyway, glad you’re all sorted …enjoy your holiday! We are hoping to be in Rhodes soon with all this stress behind us!

Lynn1978
    Participant

Have you tweeted them? I did and then approved. Not sure if a coincidence though

Debs55
    Participant

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had problems with their documents arriving at the Peterborough passport office? It’s for a child renewal, I sent my sons old passport off via 1st class signed for with Royal Mail a week ago and it’s still not arrived according to the royal mail site and the passport tracking site. I’m concerned my application isn’t even being processed yet and we are due to travel mid August.

Lynn1978
    Participant

I sent mine same way. Took 5 days to get there. There is still disruption with royal mail. Hope will get there shortly

Debs55
    Participant

OK thank you, was that 5 working days?

Lynn1978
    Participant

It included the weekend
    When did you post yours?

Debs55
    Participant

I posted it last Friday, it’s driving me mad as the passport isn’t even in the queue properly yet.

Lynn1978
    Participant

Can you track it from post office?

Debs55
    Participant

I popped into the post office this morning and no they can’t help me.

I called the passport office and they’ve said they arrive in batches so they don’t sign each individual envelope and it’s currently taking 14 working days to upload it onto the system. I just have to hope it’s there and being processed. I’ve got 5 weeks otherwise our trip will have to be cancelled.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.