Delay as never cancelled old passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Delay as never cancelled old passport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    galls
    Participant

Hi

Can anyone help on timescale. I applied for my passport 22nd March, old passport was lost years ago. I forgot to cancel the lost passport, moved house, got a divorce, loads was going on! Anyway, i applied 5 weeks ago for new passport, was stuck in the process status for 5 weeks. I called today and after 2 hours waiting someone answered and said delay is because I never cancelled old passport, DOH, never even though of that!. I have done this now and just waiting on a ref number for the cancelled one, then need to call back with the cancelled ref number. I go on holiday in 5 weeks and stressed now to the high hills! anyone else been in the same situation that can give a bit of advice!

JaimeDeschain
    Participant

I had the exact same and have been sat in the “processing” stage since 22nd March. Meant to be going on Holiday 16th May so it’s not looking too good for either of us i’m afraid.

akif
    Participant

I have been trying to get a call back from progress team to tell them my lost reference number? Any idea how long there taking to do call backs was told 48hours but noting since

max1978
    Participant

You could try emailing hmpo with details. They reply within 48 hours

galls
    Participant

Do you have the email address please.

galls
    Participant

How long did it take to get the lost reference number? I just completed the form on line this morning.

max1978
    Participant

I’ve just got off the phone from the processing team & actually don’t bother with the email as the cancellation reference number wasn’t put onto my application hence why mines been on processing for so long. I called the Newport office & got put through to 2 different departments & the lady said the reference number was what was holding mine up. I’d give them a ring, I was on phone for over an hour between taking to diff departments & being put on hold but worth the wait

max1978
    Participant

I cancelled online 6th March & received a text with ref number on 23rd March

max1978
    Participant

01633 285419

Newport number

galls
    Participant

Thank you Max, I will try them when I finish work at 5. Dont think they will be able to do much as I dont have a lost passport ref number.

Cariad94
    Participant

@max1978, I emailed them my lost reference number and had a reply to say it had been passed onto the processing team. I’m wondering now if that is BS?! Were you also told that by email?

max1978
    Participant

Thank you for your email about the progress of your application.

I am happy to confirm we received your passport application at our Durham office on 17 March 2022 and it is currently waiting to be checked.

You do not need to do anything and if we need anything else from you, we will contact you.

All correctly completed applications are being processed within the timescales of the service you applied for, which is approximately 10 weeks for a replacement application.

This is the reply so I just assumed really

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by max1978.
    Cariad94
    Participant

Thank you for providing the required information.

I have now made the processing office aware of the Lost reference number. The application is now being looked at. We do not need anything further at this stage, but if the Passport Officer needs additional information, they will contact you.

I had this, but still got no faith in them haha!

max1978
    Participant

When did you receive that?

Cariad94
    Participant

14th April so it clearly wasn’t being and hasn’t yet been “looked at”!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.