Delay as never cancelled old passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Delay as never cancelled old passport

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    max1978
    Participant

I would give them a call just incase as it will just keep you on processing until they have that info

galls
    Participant

I called last night and gave the processing team my lost reference number, its just a waiting game now. I go away 3rd June so I am feeling a bit more hopeful the passport will be here now. I will chase up again next week.

max1978
    Participant

At least you managed to get through to them, did they give you an expected time for passport?

galls
    Participant

no, just said they are still having delays and if I havent heard anything 2 weeks before my holiday to phone and I can pay for upgrade fast track, £142 each for me and my daughter! why the hell did i leave it so late to apply for it.. 🙁

max1978
    Participant

I applied 12 weeks in advance, others on here have applied even earlier & still having issues with it. Think they need to make the timelines a bit clearer. Good luck

galls
    Participant

Thanks Max, Hope you get yours sorted soon! keep me posted on here if and when you get any form of update! 🙂

max1978
    Participant

Of course

Susie1967
    Participant

My passport application was submitted online on the 11th of March. I cancelled my lost passport at the same time and received confirmation that my old passport had been cancelled on the 25th of March. I was not told I needed to provide the reference number to the Passport Office. My application has been showing as ‘Processing’ since 21 March! I have tried ringing the passport office several times but just keep being told that there is nobody available to answer my call and then get cut off 😖 Does anyone have any advice? I’m flying on 28 May, and am beginning to get worried.

djbdane
    Participant

Can anyone help on timescale. I applied for my passport 22nd March, old passport was lost years ago

Same here – I did a bit of research before applying and was told to cancel the old one, even though it was issued in the mid 80’s! After about 5 days I got a call from HMPO asking me to describe the passport and few other questions only to be told that because of when this was issued, before their systems were computerised they had no record of it and I had to apply as if it was a first passport, putting a covering letter in when I sent in my docs, which I did and this didn’t seem to cause any delays – passport applied for 21st Feb, in my hand 22nd March. So if your passport is from a similar era they may not have a record of it and if they are taking time getting back to you this may be the reason why.

Susie1967
    Participant

My passport was still valid, just lost.

galls
    Participant

I got through to the live chat this morning, my passport isn’t even with an examiner yet. Been processing since 16th March! He couldn’t tell me anything, just wait and 2 weeks before holiday to phone and ask for upgrade. This is a disgrace!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.