Delay in Recording Documents Received?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Delay in Recording Documents Received?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    emtheo
    Participant

Hello! I applied for a UK first time adult passport and sent my supporting documents via UPS expedited signed delivery on April 27th (date delivered from the USA). I keep receiving emails to send supporting documents and there is still no update in the passport portal. I tried calling the Durham office where documents were sent but spent 90 minutes without any luck. Should I be worried that documents are lost (which seems really unlikely) or is this typical for the UK passport processing delays of late? If anyone has some insight as to how to confirm that documents were received (email address for Durham passport office), I’d be grateful for your insight / experience.

Nicholad
    Participant

In my personal experience I sent a document to the Bootle office at the beginning of April and it was recorded as received on 27th April and has yet to be uploaded to the system for the assessor to check against my application. I phoned the advice line and was advised that the uploading / scanning of documents can take three further weeks – my three ‘further’ weeks are up tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if my document is on the system.
    Hopefully your documents will be recorded in a shorter timeframe at Durham.

emtheo
    Participant

Thank you for your response — that does make me feel better about the significant time delay between receiving from courier and recording receipt in the portal.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Not unusual. Ours took 4 weeks to be uploaded. Suggest you keep calling especially if you get the email where they say they will cancel your application if they don’t receive your documents.

Geeber
    Participant

I sent my documents from Australia for a passport renewal.registeted post. Was delivered 25 April still no acknowledgement as being received by passport office. Now getting messages to say that my fees will not be refunded if I don’t send my documents. Have tried several times on the online form for help. Never a reply. Don’t know what to do next.Cannot get any online communication going anywhere.

France22
    Participant

Try on the webchat UK time 8.01. Just type 1st name and click. If waiting for agent appears just hang on, you should get through. Good luck

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Geeber you need to phone them. We have had found shortest waiting time on hold if we call Friday night Australian Eastern Time, corresponds to early Friday afternoon there.

You should get through eventually, we had same messages and docs were received 3 working days after we called as the Processing team member we spoke to emailed Durham with all the tracking details so they could locate the documents.

Geeber
    Participant

Excellent thank you will do

Upsidedown
    Participant

Good luck @Geeber. Friday night definitely shortest but he didn’t have to wait too long on Monday night either. Make sure you have tracking number, and the delivery time and date. We were able to see that someone called Ann had signed for ours and passed that on too.

Geeber
    Participant

Just some feedback for any other applications from Australia.
    You need to provide tracking details of documents you sent to royal Mail tracking online
    This will give you date time and name of receiver.
    Then phone the UK passport office number which appears on their online site.
    Wait wait and wait till you get through. After explaining the situation they will try and fob you off and tell you to keep waiting. Insist on speaking to someone else emphasize your calling from overseas. Pass on the tracking details and application number. I did this and my file was noted that my documents had been received but not confirmed yet. This will enable the application to proceed if the expiry date falls and will save my application fees. Sorry it’s long-winded but that’s the journey I’ve taken. Still waiting on acknowledgement but slowly getting there

Stp
    Participant

Mine took 22 days for confirmation at the start of March, I’m sure much longer waits are probably normal now.

Basically their system is crap.
    They seem to assign a random office for each application (instead of assigning equally or to the one with the lowest workload) so certain offices get overloaded with mail. When this happens piles of mail will then be shipped to other offices to handle this – without logging your documents in any way. Rough guess is this will add a week to them logging it, obviously more if you’re unlucky enough for it to happen twice.

None of their staff will tell you this either and I don’t know why. I wouldn’t of spent £70 replacing documents had I known earlier.

todney03
    Participant

Had a similar experience of delay. My documents were delivered to Durham on 22nd April but not logged as received until 17th May. From what I read on here, that is usually the longest part of the process unless one enters the dreaded status of “processing”, at which point it seems that one can forget about any imminent travel plans.

Richie
    Participant

I’m on day 25 old passport still not received Durham ( Time and signature confirmed by DHL) beginning to stress a little now, you hear so many stories
    of offices that have lost passports ! have been informed by the advice line that no assistance is available until you get confirmation of docs received.

emtheo
    Participant

Hello All — Thanks for all your replies. Durham recorded my documents as received on May 20th. Good luck to all in this process.

Geeber
    Participant

Just got confirmation that they received my old passport for renewal It took 29 days from the time it was delivered for them to acknowledge receipt. Hope this helps anyone else waiting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.