Delivery Time After Approval

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Delivery Time After Approval

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    hreeve3
    Participant

Hi guys, my passport has just been approved. Do they print straight away? I am due to fly on the 18th and was waiting for a call from the upgrade team. Will my passport arrive in time for the 18th?

wrightstar
    Participant

one thing you can do is download an app called shop. You put your email address in and address and it alerts you when any courier has a parcel to deliver to you, even if you havent been told something is being delivered. That would possibly put your mind at rest once it has been approved at the passport office, they may not update their system quickly so a passport could be on its way to you and the tracker may not always tell you it is.

Esvek
    Participant

I received my passport 3 days after approval.

djbdane
    Participant

Mine was approved on 13th March – I had the passport in my hand on the 22nd.

Bagheera
    Participant

@hreeve3 – I have exactly the same question on the same timeline!

My passport application was approved on 13 May at 9:29am, and I am waiting for it to be in my hand so that I can visit my sick father in the UK (I’m in Ireland). Will you let us know if/when you get any updates, so we can compare progress?

hreeve3
    Participant

Hi @bagheera I have just got off the phone with the progress team. They have said my passport was printed the same day (13th) and should be on its way to delivery supplier.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by hreeve3.
    Bagheera
    Participant

Hi @hreeve3 – that’s great news! And coincidentally my application status has just been updated to ‘Your passport has been printed.’
    Such a relief…

hreeve3
    Participant

@Bagheera I am chuffed to say my passport arrived this morning and I am going away tomorrow. So relieved!

Bagheera
    Participant

@hreeve3 – Fantastic! Now you can relax and look forward to your break. Have a good trip!

Caz86
    Participant

Hi just wondering did your tracking ever update after approval? My sons renewal has gone to approved 4th June rang this morning to be told it has been printed the same day. I am still waiting for delivery or any updates on delivery time. We are in the Republic of Ireland and we are due to fly 13th June. Really hoping we get it delivered in time.

davbell87
    Participant

Delivered 2 days after approval.

We never got a text or the tracker didn’t update to say it was it for delivery, but was a welcome surprise when TNT knocked at the door at 7am this morning!

Caz86
    Participant

@davbell87 that’s great, delighted yours has arrived for you. Still no sign of my sons today unfortunately. Been on the phone between the HMPO DHL and TNT all morning and no one seems to know where it is now. So I’m just playing a waiting game really. Looking to re schedule flights from Monday to Thursday next week in the hope that it arrives by Wednesday now.

Richie
    Participant

Reply to #17242 @CAZ86 have you checked that DHL actually complete the delivery in Ireland and it’s not transferred to An Post? I remember 10 years ago when living in Ireland my passport was delivered by local post office, is it worth checking with An Post to see if they have it, just an idea …..

Nobody
    Participant

I have a similar question. I wanted to know what is the longest time someone has waited for passport to be printed after it gets approved? A friend of mine is waiting since 31st May, but I see here that everyone has it printed pretty soon after approval. We are supposed to go on a holiday together end of June, so I am starting to worry. Is there anything that can be done to speed it up?

Richie
    Participant

Reply to #17250 @Nobody cannot give an an accurate time line but from reading posts it appears from Approved to printing stage is normally between 2 and 10 days depending on the passport office, printing must be be over q 24Hr period as i received my notification that the passport was printed at 4:50 am, check the HMPO tracking app
    otherwise like most of us a phone call to the PO is required to check the status, some people receive their passports before tracking has been updated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.