Delivery Time After Approval

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Delivery Time After Approval

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Caz86
    Participant

Hi @Richie yes I had thought of that too and checked An Post tracking and none of the reference codes I’ve been given are showing up on that either. I have a friend that works in the local sorting office here in An Post so his gonna have a look throughout Sunday night for me and see if anything shows up. I’ll get back on the phone to HMPO first thing Monday morning my head is melted today after it all.

mercurystorm
    Participant

Deliveries in Ireland are done via AnPost

Caz86
    Participant

Just to give an update….

Finally recieved tracking from DHL this morning. I downloaded the DHL express App and made an account over the weekend entering my address and details. I automatically received a notification from the app this morning as soon as they collected the passport and scanned it. So it took from Wednesday 8th printed to being picked up by DHL this morning 13th. It has an estimated delivery of Wednesday 15th so I hope it sticks to this timescale.

I have had to cancel my hotel and will now re schedule my flights till Thursday and myself and my son can fly out later and join the rest of our family and friends.

Still gutted but definitely a bit of stress lifted now I know where it is and can actual track it in real time rather than feeling in limbo and not knowing anything.

Richie
    Participant

Reply to #17317 @Caz86, so sorry the passport did not arrive on time for you and your son to fly out with family
    but at least you are in a position to fly out a couple of days late to join your family, hope all goes well
    and you receive the passport on Wednesday.

did you use your PEX number without the PEX to track the passport?

Caz86
    Participant

@Richie yes I am grateful for that atleast, for once I booked things directly through hotel and separate flights, as if I had booked through an agency like usual I’d probably have lost thousands. I did have to pay a bit extra for the flight difference but thankfully not too much.

No, I downloaded the DHL express App (I had read in some other posts to do this) and I made an account with my address. It was this app then that gave me an instant notification when they scanned my label. I haven’t recieved an email or a text message from DHL with any tracking numbers. This app shows my item and has a WAYBILL number which is the tracking number. It is completely different to my PEX number and any of the other numerous numbers that the passport office gave me for tracking over the previous 4 days. I assume the app linked with my address and email on my account to instantly give me a notification. It has since moved from picked up this morning to in transit at Heathrow Airport.

I tried to call the DHL depot here to arrange collection as it could arrive there tomorrow, but my phone company has cut me off from making any more phone calls as I’ve run up am extremely high bill calling HMPO… I just have to laugh really at this stage I’d prefer that then crying..like I have felt like doing the last few days.

Richie
    Participant

Reply to #17324 @Caz86 thank you for the advice and information, much appreciated, I wish you and your family
    a wonderful well deserved Holiday, much needed to get free of the stress involved getting a passport, I’ll certainly change tack the next time round, providing I do need to travel urgently I’ll be allowing six months or a year to apply for the next one.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.