Different stages of application process?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Different stages of application process?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    JaimeDeschain
    Participant

Does anyone know how many more stages there are before they actually send my passport out?

This is my progress so far….

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 1:02pm on 22 March 2022
    Identity details received 9:40am on 16 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:32am on 16 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:28am on 16 March 2022
    Application submitted 9:28am on 16 March 2022

Going away on the 16th of May so don’t have much time…

zfei.low
    Participant

What is “ask someone to confirm your identity” stage? Is this to certify the photo?

Cjt2022
    Participant

We’re still on documents received and that was 28th March, we’re flying on Tuesday 12th!

clairet1234
    Participant

So now you have to wait to be ‘qpproved’ and then wait for ‘printing’, then its sent to TNT for delivery. I’m still in processing since 16th March, applied 18th Feb, was due to fly today.
    Each stage seems to have massive delays for the majority, just hope you’re one of the lucky ones. It’s a complete shambles hence why they’re all over the press

JaimeDeschain
    Participant

Yes. I used a digital photo.

ritabix
    Participant

It can sit in a process queue for days to weeks. If your application is moved to manual like mine was after submitting it online then could take many many weeks.

I just spoke to someone in complaints team who was very helpful. Be prepared for a long wait on hold tho. 3hrs 15mins yesterday to get through to someone.

They’re receiving 4 x the amount of applications this year compared to any other year and receive around 10-12k of documents per office a day. So as you can imagine they have a tough job right now.

My advice would be to be overly nice to whoever at the office. Call the management team or ask to make a complaint and you’ll get someone more experienced and better advice. The lady I spoke to on the phone over the last couple of days has had so much abuse off customers. She was relieved to not get any off me lol

JaimeDeschain
    Participant

Well its been over 2 weeks already so hopefully not much longer to go 🤞

LindaNoon14
    Participant

how long does it normally take once the application has been approved?

ritabix
    Participant

@linda it’s hard to say. Some people are a matter of days and some maybe 3-5 weeks from what I’ve seen on here and Twitter. If your application was done by post or switched to manual like mine was then takes longer. Humans get involved and it goes slower 😫

LindaNoon14
    Participant

Are you notified if your online application is switched to manual?

No your not notified. It’s a shambles to be honest. I only found out ours had been moved to manual the 4th time I called them.

LindaNoon14
    Participant

I had an email at 2am to say it has been printed so fingers crossed we will get it in the next few days

Noctule8
    Participant

Hi there may I ask the date you were approved? mine was 5th April but still waiting for printing.

leewad
    Participant

Heres mine so far had to cancel our holiday was go on tomorrow

Application approved 9:00am on 10 April 2022
    Documents received 8:48am on 31 January 2022
    Application received 8:52am on 21 January 2022
    Identity details received 8:52am on 21 January 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:04am on 20 January 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:55am on 20 January 2022
    Application submitted 7:55am on 20 January 2022

Upsidedown
    Participant

This is as far as we’ve got:

Application received 5:41am on 24 February 2022
    Identity details received 5:40am on 24 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:30am on 22 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:39am on 22 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:39am on 22 February 2022

They’ve had identity documents since 14 March according to Royal Mail but we keep getting emails asking us to send our documents. There was no rush about our passports but we are getting anxious about the delay in finding our documents, especially as the last email said if they don’t get them in a couple of weeks our applications will be cancelled with no refund.

The last time we went through this process was 2019 and it took 3 weeks including sending documents from Australia to the UK and then the passport being sent here!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.