Different stages of application process?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Different stages of application process?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Cherryblossom
    Participant

First Adult passport

I am in the same boat as everyone else. I log in daily to check if there are any progress on my application. It has been just over 3 weeks since I started the process. This is my application so far:

Application submitted: 9:33 on 23 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm identity: 9:33 on 23 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming identity: 9:37 on 23 March 2022
    Identity details received: 10:02 on 23 March 2022

Documents sent to Boottle on 25 March 2022 with Royal Mail.
    Documents signed for on Royal Mail 28 March 2022

Documents received at 10:27 on 7 April 2022

And now I wait. I have been through the forum and I haven’t yet come across anyone who submitted late March.

paigeadkinx
    Participant

I’ve submitted an adult passport online application after my child passport, is this a first time adult passport? I’ve not being asked to have someone confirm my identity, I’m worried there’s going to be a problem with my application now and hold it up, I’m already on week 7 and it’s been with the examiner since Monday

Cherryblossom
    Participant

My application is for my first British passport ever after naturalisation. I’m not sure if the process is different if you already held a British passport previously.

paigeadkinx
    Participant

It’s seems mine is a renewal after speaking to the passport office because I have already held a UK passport, so glad my application is right! How long has everyone been in the processing stage for, i was told it was with the examiner on Monday

max1978
    Participant

Mines been processing since March 17th, a renewal with name change

paigeadkinx
    Participant

Max1978: That’s similar to mine, a renewal with name change, I was told it went into processing on the 18th March but didn’t update on my online tracking till the 29th. They told me the examiner had it from Monday 11th, hopefully we should hear at similar times

max1978
    Participant

I did email them to see what was happening the other day, I was just told that it was now at a different office & they are still working to the 10 week deadline, but is that 10 weeks since went into processing or 10 weeks since applying?

Cherryblossom
    Participant

I read somewhere that it is 10 weeks from when they received your documents and updated this status online

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.