First child passport

Home Forums About this Forum First child passport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    keenan.karen61
    Participant

I applied for a child passport on 19th March and still not heard anything. Documents received on 4th April but tracking system has been on we’ve received your documents for weeks. Starting to panic as we fly on 2nd June. Has anyone else had similar situation?

NS2022
    Participant

We applied on 20th March for two children – both went to different offices. Today we had notification that one of the applications has been approved. It’s painfully slow isn’t it. Hoping should see some movement soon.

BPO
    Participant

Hey,
    Our application was submitted 07 March, and they received it on 17 March. We only know that it is being processed, and haven’t heard from them since. (Application Online to Durham)

pbj
    Participant

Hiya

I applied on the 24th April and have today got a message to say it’s been approved and it is being printed. Does anyone know how long it takes to be despatched? I fly on the 1st June. I’ve tried ringing the passport office but it always says due to high volume off calls try again later then hangs up!

NS2022
    Participant

That’s great news! It’s usually quite quick after approval but you could call the progress team just to check as they may be able to give you a tracking number – 0300 105 0850. Good luck!!!

Adis37
    Participant

Hello,I posted before about my child renewal passport.i have been following the forum from past few months.
    Child renewal online application
    (22 Feb 2022) Application submitted
    (26th March 2022) old passport lost reported (lost by royalmail).
    (31st March 2022) online application changed into standard application,processing start
    (26th May 2022 )passport printed
    (1st June 2022 )Passport finally received .

It was basically a nightmare. Finally its ended.

Jwes32
    Participant

Hopefully this timeline may give some hope to some worried folks.

Our application was handled by Bootle office.

Passport delivered 13.04pm on 1 June 2022
    Passport printed 1:28pm on 31 May 2022
    Application approved 10:43am on 29 May 2022
    Documents received 9:30am on 12 May 2022
    Application received 3:27pm on 1 May 2022
    Identity details received 3:27pm on 1 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:00am on 1 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 8:56am on 1 May 2022
    Application submitted 8:56am on 1 May 2022

SairAngela
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Starting to feel really anxious.

Submitted the passport application online on 12th April

Documents received on 29th April.

No update since then, it’s just been saying application being processed.

If there was a problem with the passport photo would they have told us by now? We did the photo at home for the online application and where our daughter is 18m I’m worried the photo wasn’t good enough.

It’s been 6 weeks this week since documents were received, 8 weeks since we submitted the application.

We live in London if that makes a difference?

We travel on 8th July.

Absolutely bricking it! Our sons renewal was done in a couple of weeks.

Any experiences?

Or any advice how I can try and fast track it at all? Or chase it now that we’re getting close to the 10 weeks?

HarlynB
    Participant

Hi Sair Angela, I am a week behind you for my son’s first passport application, applied via post office digital check and send 19/04 (they took the photo and it tells them if its good), provided my passport no (I’ve applied for a new one since that was delivered in just over 3wks) and his full birth certificate. Documents rcvd 3/5 and again 6/5, then went to processing stage 8/5 and been there ever since.
    Unfortunately, I can’t offer any advice, I have managed to get on the web chat as I was worried that as I have a new passport no it may affect the application and I also didn’t know what passport office it was sent to (found out Durham). It is apparently waiting for an examiner and they have warned me that they could ask for more info. I have ordered my full birth certificate via GRO as my local registry office won’t issue birth certificates for passports just in case. I’ve not tried to call them as we don’t travel till August but we have just paid for the holiday and need to submit his passport details 2 weeks prior. If mine gets to 10 weeks, I’m emailing my MP as the webchat seems to be able to tell you no more info than what is on tracking. Hope you get your passport issue sorted.

SairAngela
    Participant

How did you find out it was in Durham and waiting for an examiner? Did you calm them?

HarlynB
    Participant

I asked on webchat, had to keep refreshing page till it said advisers available, I then just put my name and email in. It then takes you to a page that said waiting for an adviser, had to wait 10mins for an adviser.

NS2022
    Participant

For anyone needing an update I would recommend calling this number which will take you directly through to the progress team – 0300 105 0850

SairAngela
    Participant

Thank you both so much, that’s really helpful.

HarlynB
    Participant

Thank you NS2022 for the number. I will use this if I get to the 10 week mark.

missVictoria
    Participant

I am awaiting my twins first passports at our 6 week saying cant do anything until two weeks before we are due to fly on the 17th July. Any success stories? Panicking slightly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.