No update since documents received (Renewal) which was 6 weeks ago

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion No update since documents received (Renewal) which was 6 weeks ago

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SwenoReeney
    Participant

Update: 4 weeks 1 day after Docs Received. Office: Bootle (Liverpool)

Got a call about photo. To be honest I didn’t entirely understand if the staff members was telling me:
    – I needed to submit a new passport photo
    – I needed to submit another photo of myself where I look in-between my old photo and my new photo.

Both seem a bit implausible. I asked for clarification a few times and I believe he meant the latter. He asked me to email the photo to him, then said actually he would send me a link. The link that arrived was a photo rejected link, I used it to send him a photo (non-passport style) of me about 5 years ago.

Thought it all seemed a bit odd so called the office who said no, actually I need a new passport photo entirely (I am a bit baffled by this as I know the original new photo was fine- could see my whole face, white background, not smiling. It was taken in a booth). Except now I cannot upload it until the one I just submitted has been rejected!

Has anybody else had this? I realise it all sounds a bit scammy, but all the information came through the legit website with the code, enter DOB etc.

SwenoReeney
    Participant

Update: Photo was rejected, not a new one taken and submitted it on Monday. Application approved Wednesday, passport has delivered to me by Thursday lunchtime. An infuriating process for a long time, but very speedy once approved.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.