PANICKING – HELP! First time Child Passport (within UK)

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion PANICKING – HELP! First time Child Passport (within UK)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    meganll
    Participant

Hello,

I’m panicking that we will not receive our child’s UK passport and/or supporting documents including Canadian passport back before we must leave the UK on March 30.

From what I’m reading, the status up of “Application being processed” has extremely long wait times.

Did anyone receive their passport promptly after the status update of “Application being processed”? I’ve only seen others’ posts saying 5, 6 weeks, sometimes even longer after that status update.

What about cancelling your passport application? How soon did you receive your supporting documents back?

Thanks,
    Megan

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 1:34pm on 14 March 2022
    Documents received 11:33am on 24 February 2022
    Application received 9:18am on 14 February 2022

Pickles22
    Participant

No experience but my only advice would be to try and speak to someone at the passport office. If they’re no help, I don’t know whether your consulate could help? Even if it means seeing if they could issue an emergency Canadian passport. Fingers crossed for you.

leahmca
    Participant

Hello, sorry I can’t be much help – you definitely need to phone.

I have been in processing over a week (started processing 3 weeks after I applied) but that is nothing compared to others who have been waiting 4 weeks in processing alone. Some cases seem to be in and out with no issues in 2-3 weeks so you might be ok?

pkenny12
    Participant

We sent my daughters on the 30th January it’s been processing since 21st Feb.
    I sent mine and my other daughters at the same time. I got mine back in 2 weeks, my daughter 5 weeks, but still waiting for my youngest. We are thinking about doing a fast track passport if we don’t hear back soon. X

ericsmum2020
    Participant

It’s so stressful

Sent my sons passport application online on 27Th Jan, birth certificate sent shortly after and marked as received by the office on 8th February, then identity details for my son were confirmed 10th February!
    Then nothing since
    I have phoned god knows how many times and no one can advise you what the delay is regarding, left a callback 8th March and it took until today, 18th March for them to respond!!! They tell us that the hold is due to my partner (sons dad) having his middle name on my sons birth certificate but not having his middle name on his own passport is the delay, like really? For god sake, so god knows how long now until we have another update

djbdane
    Participant

You need to talk to the passport office, only they will be able to advise and help with such a deadline looming

meganll
    Participant

WOW. I’m extremely relieved.

After many sleepless nights and several calls to the passport team, we finally have it sorted.

I basically had to email the urgent and compassionate team to beg for them to expedite it. This was advised to me by the passport adviceline phone team.

We first emailed the Newport office who said they can’t do anything – only death or hospitalization seem like the ways to actually expedite it. But I think the person answering felt bad and told me it was actually with the Belfast office.

(I don’t know why they move it around so much. We sent documents to Durham, then were told it was in Newport. Then they said it was in Belfast?!?)

So the next day I asked for the Belfast email for the urgent and compassionate team. I explained our situation. They responded within 2 hours and also said we don’t qualify for being expedited:

“Thank you for your e-mail. Sadly this situation does not fall within the urgent and compassionate criteria to have _____’s passport issued urgently.

Though as _____’s application is awaiting examination, I will have it lifted and referred to an examiner to process today via the normal service.”

It was approved the exact same day!!!!

It goes to show that they can do something when the status is “application being processed”. It seems like that’s some sort of “holding stage” to wait for an examiner.

Moral of the story: Be persistent. They do have ways to help you!

Passport printed 9:13pm on 18 March 2022
    Application approved 12:26pm on 16 March 2022
    Application being processed 1:34pm on 14 March 2022
    Documents received 11:33am on 24 February 2022
    Application received 9:18am on 14 February 2022

amirun87
    Participant

Meganll how do I email the compassionate team? Where will I find the email address for each office please?

So glad that yours has been finally resolved

meganll
    Participant

You’ll have to call the passport advice line as they have to open a ticket first. It will depend on your circumstances too I think.

jespop30
    Participant

My son’s first passport was submitted on the 8th January, but didn’t receive till 27th January. Lady I spoke to yesterday has alerted it as said it’s 10 weeks since I submitted, hopefully I hear back soon. Think she alerted it as I need it as we travel on the 4th April, so she said she will alert it and then the examiner can do something. It’s been in examination since 11th March.

amirun87
    Participant

Someone from the process team called me today and they said they put an alert on for the examiner. The current status is “your application is being processed”. What does this alert mean? And how long could it take? I’ve contacted my local MP Unsure if they can help though.

jespop30
    Participant

Amirun87 – I have an alert on my son’s application too, as it’s been over 10 weeks.

a1jeco
    Participant

Ok anyone on here with an approaching holiday deadline & application is not moving – DO THIS. Phone the adviceline – they are next to useless for giving you any help with passport process times/deadlines etc. so ask to be put through to the PROGRESS TEAM. If they can’t put you straight through they should offer you a Progress team call back-call back may take up to 72hrs. The Progress team have additional ‘power’ they can contact the examiner looking at your case and give them the date you need your passport for. This is not guarantee but is probably the best chance you have to get it back by that date. My passport application sat at ‘processing’ for 4 weeks. After speaking to the progress team & giving them my travel date, my application was approved within 48hrs. Good luck!

djbdane
    Participant

approved within 48hrs. Good luck!

That’s only half the battle I am afraid – I’ve been stuck at approved for 8 days now – no sign of it being printed, the delays seem to have crept all the way through the system now.

amirun87
    Participant

A1jeco- I tried to do this today with the process team and they said advice is not too book holiday until passport is received. I started my application 01/03/22 and travel 06/05/22. 10weeks before. But with the whole “application being processed” I feel I’ve lost hope! Let’s hope this alert does something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.