PANICKING – HELP! First time Child Passport (within UK)

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion PANICKING – HELP! First time Child Passport (within UK)

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ericsmum2020
    Participant

Yeah we logged a call to speak processing team and 10 days later we get a call back although it’s when my partner was in a meeting lol not the so called 72 hours they advise! So we have had to log another call! The whole process is very badly run!! We applied 27th Jan for holiday 10th May and still waiting, still 7 weeks to go but no further and no one will tell me why,

pkenny12
    Participant

We did mine, our 2 daughters on the 30/1/2022 mine came back within 16 days , oldests in 4 weeks, but my other daughters sat at processing until I received a letter on the 15th saying they needed a full birth cert and a new person to countersign. So I’ve now sent them back should be received tomorrow with the sticker address they gave me with my daughters application on. Hoping it’s sorted very soon.
    We fly on the 28th April x

amirun87
    Participant

Hi all,

I go on holiday on 06th May 22.

Both my childrens application has been stuck in “processing” since 17/03/22.

My husbands documents have not even updated as documents received yet.

I called the airline today and it will cost me £99 per flight to change dates. Plus additional costs.

Do you think I should just request my docs back and request fast track??? I have 6weeks till I go.

gracelay25
    Participant

Hi all,

Have you had any luck with your applications yet? I too am waiting for my child’s first passport (applied 26/01, docs received 21/02 and has been “processing” ever since) need it for 4 weeks time!😫

Cannot get through to anyone by phone as lines are busy then goes dead. Live chat is no help, when you eventually get through to speak to someone they just advise current wait times!! Urghhhh! I see people who have applied after me have already received theirs so understandably I’m stressing! Good luck people!

Adis37
    Participant

Mine was not exactly first, it was renewal passport sent online application on 22 Feb and sent old passport through first class royal mail.There was no tracking update so contacted royal mail after 2 weeks they have lost passport. I don’t know what’s happening now. So stressful at the moment.

pkenny12
    Participant

Royal Mail says our daughter additional documents have been signed for last Monday, but still no change we fly in 4 and half weeks 🙈😩 applied on the 30/1

gracelay25
    Participant

It may be worth emailing your local MP to help speed things along. I did this and it seems to have worked! I applied for my daughters first child passport back in January and they only starting processing it 23/02, it had been “processing” ever since. After many calls/emails/live chats with getting absolutely nowhere (what even is the point of those?) I decided to email my local MP on Monday. He replied to me this morning at 10.55 saying happy to help and he would contact the UKVI department and at 11.42 this morning my daughters application was approved! Coincidence or not but it is definitely worth a try, good luck x

amirun87
    Participant

I contacted MP on 22/03 after my application for both children went into processing on 17/03. I received this note from my MP.

As per your request, we have now contacted Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) on your behalf, in order to get an update on the status of your application. However, please be aware that xxxx is unable to impact on any future decisions reached by the Home Office/UKVI/HMPO. In addition, we have been made aware that it may take several weeks for them to respond to our request, and therefore, our intervention may not achieve a quicker outcome.

We will be in touch with you as soon as we receive a response. In the meantime

Let’s hope it works x

a1jeco
    Participant

Anyone worried about not getting their passport back in time. Here’s what I did. With 2.5 weeks to go it was in ‘processing’ with no sign of moving-just got it back yesterday with 3 days to go till holiday, after waiting 6.5 weeks. Phone up & demand/beg to be put through to the PROGRESS TEAM-the initial ‘advice’ team can do nothing to speed up application. When you speak to the Progress team politely explain that your application has stalled but you need it to travel on X date. The Progress team can add the date to your file so the examiner knows when you need it. If it is possible they will aim to get it completed by that date. Once I did this it started moving quickly to approved, took another 5 days to get to printed & another 6 days till delivered. Good luck!

hs99
    Participant

Sorry to jump on here is it easy to complete a childs first passport application online? I did my renewal through the post office but was going to try and do my sons online. I just overthink too much incase i do it wrong! Haha x

amirun87
    Participant

Don’t bother just do it fast track

hs99
    Participant

amirun87 thanks, I was thinking about that but I’m not very desperate for it as we don’t travel until 1st August x

pkenny12
    Participant

We did both my daughters online, one came back in 4 weeks. We’re on week 9 and still waiting but after a 2 hour phone call wait. She told us it is with an examiner and once the additional documents are loaded it will be sorted 🙂 .
    Found it easy to fill in and to the photos using the online application. Xxx

amirun87
    Participant

Got this from my MP today

Although we are yet to receive a response to the enquiry we made on your behalf with HMPO yesterday, there has been an update issued to all MPs this morning.

”Since April 2021, Her Majesty’s Passport Office has advised its customers to allow up to ten weeks to get their passport. We cannot expedite a passport application ahead of others simply because a holiday date is approaching, as this would be to the detriment of other customers who have been waiting longer and have no lesser need for these services.

Where HM Passport Office has had a UK-based customer’s application for longer than ten weeks, and can evidence they are due to travel within the next fortnight, their application will be expedited. Should a constituent meet this criteria, or if there is an urgent need for passport services on compassionate grounds, an expedited application should be arranged via the Passport Adviceline (0300 222 0000).

While it does take longer to speak with a call handler during busier periods, the Passport Adviceline remains the best place for your constituents to discuss any available options for those who need their passport more quickly.”

We hope this information is useful and we will be back in touch as soon as we receive any updates regarding your applications and the complaints you have submitted.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.