Passport printed and waiting TNT collection. Flying this Sunday

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport printed and waiting TNT collection. Flying this Sunday

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    cjay
    Participant

No update on tnt website for me – also on phone!

DadT
    Participant

TNT confirmed that the packaged hasn’t been scanned at the depot. It could be waiting in the docks waiting to be scanned or still in transit. They’ve sent an urgent message to the depot.

I’m heading to the local depot now as they open at 9am and going to plea for their help.

hsr
    Participant

Did you try change delivery to today on the tracking website?

businesstraveller8
    Participant

I had a similar situation – tracking appeared yesterday, changed delivery to today and then this morning it changed again to Monday. Need to travel from London on Monday at midday and I live near Liverpool.
    You seem to have spoken to a nicer person on the phone than me- the woman I spoke to at TNT just kept saying it wasn’t even at the Liverpool depot yet, there was nothing she could do and even if I wanted to pick up they needed 24 hours notice and they wouldn’t be able to do that until it arrived at the depot.

hsr
    Participant

Ignore my previous message. Didnt see your latest comment

cjay
    Participant

DadT – but how do you know what depot to go to? Does it leave the printing warehouse and go straight to the nearest TNT depot to your home address? Or does it move through a number of depot like Amazon to task a local driver?

hsr
    Participant

Passport delivered.

Hope you gets yours soon @DadT.

DadT
    Participant

@hsr. That’s brilliant. Good to hear. I did change the delivery date yesterday. It was originally showing Monday but managed to change it to today.

@businesstraveller8
    – the tracking for these types of docs is not like normal deliveries. The first scan that I believe you’ll see online is when it’s on the van being delivered to you. You can’t see the depot points however TNT customer services should be able to see more. I managed to get the address of the specific depot but it’s not the same as the normal TNT depot. TNT customer services gave that to me as I was planning collection.

I’ve come to the depot but there is no one there. It’s unmarked building but it’s defo TNT but no one in sight. Spoke to the TNT customer service and they managed to track the location. Unfortunately it’s on their central Hub which is now closed until Sunday night. Likely delivery will be Monday. There is nothing they can do for me now apart as it’s not in a local depot. The local depot is closed as they have not prearranged collections booked.

I’m now going to go back home and discuss plan B with the wife to see if two of us fly tomorrow and book new flights for Wednesday. 🙁

Thank you all for your support and good luck to those still waiting.

DadT
    Participant

I ended up splitting my booking so two of us our flying tomorrow as originally planned and then two will follow on Wednesday. I had to repurchase new tickets but was the only option apart from miss out completely.

As it happened a few hours after I had done that I received a call from the TNT depot supervisor. He was working from home and just picked up the urgent email and said I could collect it. I said that I was told it wasn’t there and that the passport was at the hub. He checked the system and confirmed that it hadn’t been scanned into the local depot but he said he would go there open up and check all the packages that were pending scanning. Half an hour later he called and said he had the passport and I picked it up.

So at the end I managed to get my sons passport and we could have all flown tomorrow. I wasn’t able to change the flights back. In fact BA were pretty keen to sell me new tickets for the same seats that I had let go!

This concludes my passport journey which ended fairly well albeit with a significant extra cost. The main thing is that the family get to go on this trip even though our outbound journey is split.

For those of you that are waiting my final tip is to never give. Keep on trying the phones and keep trying. If you don’t get what you need put the phone down and try again. I always had a different version of events with each person and some provided conflicting advice. I totally get why they did as they have to deal with a significant volume but if you keep trying and don’t give up you may just fine the extra day or two that will make the difference. If I had pushed a little harder and managed to get some of the helpful folks during earlier stages I would have been fine.

Big shout out to the team behind the Passport Urgent Tracking team and the team at TNT. I have to say they exceeded my expectation. I managed to get the mobile number for the supervisor at my local depot. Hopefully I won’t need that again.

I can’t say the same for BA. They were the worst in all this experience. Longest hold times, phone kept on getting cut off multiple times after holding for 30+mins and even after speaking to them they weren’t very helpful in providing any options.

Remember when you’re being told it can’t be done. Try again and keep trying until you find someone that can make it happen because it’s all possible.

Good luck!

cjay
    Participant

DadT. Thank you so much for such a helpful post, and I’m glad you now have it sorted. I wish you and your family a safe trip and lots of fun memories!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.