Passport taken a lot longer than crowd sourced average

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport taken a lot longer than crowd sourced average

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Has you passport taken much longer to arrive than the average time shown? Was there an individual circumstance or other reason that took additional processing time?

ow94
    Participant

How long are the application processing times as my application went into the que on the 7th and still havent heard back yet

Featherbug
    Participant

My application also went into queue on the 7th and I’m still waiting on an update, good to know I’m not alone!
    Hopefully not long now until we hear back

ow94
    Participant

Hopefully mate I’m due to go on holiday the 4th October dont know if im over panicking

ow94
    Participant

Could you let me know in here when you hear back please and I’ll do the same if I hear back first

Featherbug
    Participant

Hey again, I’ve just received text to say it’s been approved! Fingers crossed yours isn’t far behind

ow94
    Participant

Oh that’s good news for you I’m actually getting worried to be honest now was yours a first adult or renewal as mine is a first adult

Featherbug
    Participant

It was a renewal, I think first adults might take slightly longer? Sure you’ll get it soon though!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am waiting on a renewel passport living abroad. They said up to 4 weeks. The form has been there 2 weeks and passport over a week, nothing yet from them other than still in the queue. truly this is ridiculous. I travel for my job so I really need a decent turnaround time, I chatted with them on line, you can not fast track overseas renewels – crazy. It used to be you could get a renewel passport in overseas cities and that took about 48 hours. That has stopped so everything has turned to mush.

ow94
    Participant

Still nothing do they process apllications on the weekends too surely I should have heard back by now

jowhit1971
    Participant

Mine went into queue on 1st August and still there! Nearly three weeks and nothing heard 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m wondering if it took you all much longer to get your passports back? My passport, along with my husband and daughter’s took 18 days to even get into the processing queue. This was with applying online and sending in all required documents by special delivery. Just beginning day 22 and day 4 of processing. It just seems so unfair when some get their applications back in less than a week and here we are with 3 straightforward applications, and its taking forever!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Day 25 and our applications have finally been approved! Just to wait for them to be dispatched and arrive now.

Fred
    Participant

214 days and counting for a standard child renewal. I call them every week. No updates. I complain, they tell me everything is in accordance with policy and procedures.

callpor
    Participant

Today 11 August 2020 I’ve reached 45 days since my adult renewal application received at Durham PP office on 28 June. Current process advice says Gone for Printing yesterday so I guess it will be at least another week before I finally receive my new Passport? = 54 days start to finish! When I post the final timeline it will make a hole in the crowd sourced average of 19.7 days?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.