*PLEASE HELP* MY FIRST UK PASSPORT (ADULT)

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion *PLEASE HELP* MY FIRST UK PASSPORT (ADULT)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    CallumG01
    Participant

Hi there,

I am applying for my first ever passport. I am 21 and have always lived in the UK and have no foreign parents etc which I have seen can cause delays in application.

Initially when I booked my holiday, I thought this would be easy to sort in time but after seeing some of your nightmares, I ain’t so sure…

I applied on the 29th April online, my counter signature was done right away and my documents have now arrived at the requested send address.

Now… I am set to fly away on July 26th. As of right now, 81 days away. Is this enough time to account for all stages (documents received, processing) etc.

I don’t know if I am being overly optimistic but online it advises 10 weeks which fills me with hope, but then again I have seen horror stories.

Appreciate al feedback – even if it’s bad

lilacspectre
    Participant

I’m in the exact same boat as you!! I’m 20 and have never had a passport or been on a plane, handed it in March 30th bc i’m flying june 1st and I’ve literally not heard anything even though I’m sure we’ll probably need an interview off them. tbf, you’re better off than me as i left it 8 weeks before i fly

CallumG01
    Participant

It’s so sh*t how it’s this much of a hassle to get it sorted. You can’t even fast track first UK passports (to my knowledge) which is a complete farce. Fingers crossed you get away, can you show me the log of your online application? Are they processing it or does it still say “send your documents” like Mine?

djbdane
    Participant

The key update to look out for is after the documents received one. This can go one of two ways – directly to approved or it will show as processing. If the update goes to processing your application has dropped out of the digital processing route and is now on the manual route, and will take considerably longer to process. Given your travel date is in July I am sure you’ll be fine but as they are under huge pressure at the moment so you never know.

As it’s a first passport you will need an interview as well – make sure you book your date as quick as you can when notified – days lost there will be days delayed.

Good luck.

djbdane
    Participant

The key update to look out for is after the documents received one. This can go one of two ways – directly to approved or it will show as processing. If the update goes to processing your application has dropped out of the digital processing route and is now on the manual route, and will take considerably longer to process. Given your travel date is in July I am sure you’ll be fine but as they are under huge pressure at the moment so you never know.

As it’s a first passport you will need an interview as well – make sure you book your date as quick as you can when notified – days lost there will be days delayed.

lilacspectre
    Participant

unfortunately i don’t have access to my tracking i did it through post office which i’m shitting myself cos a dunno which way is faster 🙁

i had no clue i was meant to take a note of the barcode number and the post office took back in my check and send thingy av been spamming the passport email support thing for the past 5 days to no response lmao

CallumG01
    Participant

Aww yeah I’ve heard online is faster but who actually knows…

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you mate, will make the pints taste even better if it comes in time.

Best of luck bro!

fulicious
    Participant

I applied for mine 24/3/22 and currently still waiting ( at the time the advertised max wait was 6 weeks and has now passed).
    The passport office receiving your docs doesn’t mean they have scanned it in the system, for me this took 3 weeks from them receiving to scanning it in. So massive time wasted there.
    I am about to approach my MP regarding this as I need my proof to work for a job interview soon and all means of communication with the passport office has not been successful.

Not sure if this is helping you or not

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by fulicious.
    CallumG01
    Participant

Ahhh rifht, so what stage is your application at according to the online tracking? Is it at least making progress?

Fingers crossed for you mate, sounds like they’re having paper aeroplane competitions in those offices😂

CallumG01
    Participant

Ahhh rifht, so what stage is your application at according to the online tracking? Is it at least making progress?

Fingers crossed for you mate, sounds like they’re having paper aeroplane competitions in those offices😂

xgemmax82
    Participant

I am stresssing I applied for my passport through post office check and send march29 2022 and have still not heard anything I am due to fly on the 3rd June the post office told me the wait was 10 weeks but that at the time the turn around was more like 5 weeks. I have been calling the passport number and online web chat everyday never get a answer always cuts off I’m praying it’s back in time as you can’t speak to anyone even if it’s passed the expected time..

Stp
    Participant

I’m in the same boat and it could go either way really. If your application avoids manual processing (“Application being processed” on the tracker) then you’ll be fine, you’re in for a bit of a wait if not.

I’m almost 9 weeks in so far after the website told me it would take 4 weeks.

I applied on the 5th March then went into processing on the 1st April. Currently processing for 5 weeks, from what I’ve seen of other people 6 weeks processing is about average.

They will also invite you for an interview as it’s a first passport although mines not even reached that stage yet. Was told it would be through Microsoft teams, not sure when they’re going back to in person ones.

Upgrades aren’t available for first time adult passports but I was told on the phone today that they can “escalate” it but only after 10 weeks, not entirely sure if that will speed it up but guess I’ll find out next week.

CallumG01
    Participant

Aww that’s gutting. The phone number is an absolute nightmare, have you tried contacting an MP? Might be your best bet if there’s no way you can get in touch directly with them!

CallumG01
    Participant

Aww that’s gutting. The phone number is an absolute nightmare, have you tried contacting an MP? Might be your best bet if there’s no way you can get in touch directly with them!

xgemmax82
    Participant

Thanks for your reply do you think they can help ? I hadn’t thought of that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.