*PLEASE HELP* MY FIRST UK PASSPORT (ADULT)

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion *PLEASE HELP* MY FIRST UK PASSPORT (ADULT)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    CallumG01
    Participant

I ain’t too sure the logistics of how it works but given the imcompetence of the passport office it’s probably one of your only bets. Worth a shot!

xgemmax82
    Participant

Yeah it can’t hurt! Oh it’s crazy all this

Stp
    Participant

Typed up a big reply earlier but it didn’t post 😑

Basically how long you wait will be down to whether your application goes into manual processing (“Application being processed” on the tracker). It can add around 6 weeks to your application.

I’m in the same boat as you with a first adult passport. Website said it would be 4 weeks at the time and it’s been almost 9 weeks now. Submitted everything on the 5th March, went into processing on the 1st April. 5 weeks processing so far and told today it’s still waiting for an examiner. From what I’ve seen with other peoples applications processing is around 6 weeks currently.

All first adult passports need an interview if you’ve not had a passport before. Not reached that point with mine yet but I’ve been told it’s going to be through Microsoft teams and they’ll contact me telling me to ring up and arrange. Not sure when they’re going to start doing them in person again.

First passports also can’t get the 2 week before travel upgrade (had to rebook my holiday for 16th May now at £600 cost even though I allowed 10 weeks 3 days). On the phone to them today though they said they can “escalate” it at the 10 week mark, not sure if that will speed it up or not but guess I’ll see next week. Won’t help me with 3 days spare but might help you if it comes to that.

Stp
    Participant

@xgemmax82 have you used the web form to ask for tracking info? I think that’s what they say to do for post office check and send. I know they take forever to answer through that though.

The number I’ve been using is 03001231973, I think it’s direct to the Liverpool office so you don’t have to press buttons at the start. I’ve heard it works better for some people who get cut off on the main line.

xgemmax82
    Participant

Thank you for your replies, I have used the tracking form but I haven’t had any response yet I will try that other number thanks for telling me about that it’s been doing my head in I keep calling and getting cut off it’s just a nightmare.

xgemmax82
    Participant

Hi thanks for replying I have used the tracking form but so far nothing back yet I have tried this number today no answer but didn’t get cut off so thank u for that.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.