Processing stage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Upsidedown
    Participant

Looking to hear from anyone who has been through the dreaded processing stage and come out the other side.

We are now at 4 weeks in processing for two first passports, passport applications were submitted 18 Feb. I’m worried the applications will just sit there forever as we are overseas and don’t need them for immediate travel.

How long have people spent in processing?

Stp
    Participant

6 weeks processing in Durham here. Saw a few people accepted after 6 weeks at the start of may, guessing it’s longer now

Stp
    Participant

6 weeks processing in Durham here. Saw a few people accepted after 6 weeks at the start of may, guessing it’s longer now.

djbdane
    Participant

There are two routes through the system
    docs received -> approved (the digital route)
    docs received -> processing (you’ve been dropped into the manual route)

There will be a reason it’s dropped from digital to manual – it’s now down to whatever that reason is how long it takes to resolve that and how busy they are. The digital route is the fastest.

Upsidedown
    Participant

@ddjbdane yes I know that, I was seeking to find out how long others had spent in processing. As it turns out someone has started looking at our file.

swm1982
    Participant

Hi upsidedown,

Did you have to chase in any way to have it moved out of the processing stage? How long was it in that state before someone picked it up?
    Thanks,

swm1982
    Participant

Also, which office was it at if you don’t mind?

Upsidedown
    Participant

@swm1982 it has been there for 4 weeks. I was trying to get through on the web chat – it kept dropping out but I managed to type my query. I was in the middle of logging on for another go when my husband got the email. I’m not sure if it was coincidence or whether it was as a result of the web chat query.

tomfromaus
    Participant

Mine is clearly in the manual queue as I can see automatic is approved in a maximum of 2 business days.

I live in Australia and travel in 6 weeks now. Will need them printed and sent in a maximum of 4 weeks.

The stress is setting in.

Upsidedown
    Participant

I forgot to say we are dealing with Durham.

@tomfromaus
    how long since they receipted your documents?

Stp
    Participant

@upsidedown What did the email you mentioned say? I’m at 45 days processing now in Durham and not had anything. Was still in the queue a few weeks ago and last week their system was broke so they couldn’t tell me anything

@tomfromaus
    what does your application history say?

I haven’t seen any application be approved in 2 business days in quite a while.

If “documents received” you may still be in digital. And it will seem like it’s stuck at that because they have no “gone to digital processing” update, it will be undergoing digital checks and go straight to approved when it happens. From what I’ve seen these days it can be up to 3-4 weeks but a lot come back sooner.

If “application being processed” you’re in manual. It will usually go to this within 2 weeks of them recieving all the documents they need. This is the update that tells you it’s been put in the queue for manual, not that it’s actually processing yet. It’ll be at least 4-6 weeks before it’s even picked up by an examiner currently.

@upsidedown
    What did the email you mentioned say? I’m at 45 days processing now in Durham and not had anything. Was still in the queue a few weeks ago and last week their system was broke so they couldn’t tell me anything

Angry mother
    Participant

We have submitted 2 applications child renewal on 15th Feb and in processing since 9th March so you are not the only one upsidedown. We are travelling in 2 weeks,and kids already missed our Easter holidays aboroad 🙁

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Angry mother that’s terrible. I actually think that my attempt to contact web chat made them look at my husband’s and got the ball rolling, so suggest you try that if you haven’t already. I still haven’t heard anything about my son’s application, submitted same date.

Husband’s email said that he needed to send additional information – they thought his birth certificate was a photocopy (possibly was but copied by Scotlands People, not us) and wanted documentation for how he arrived in country of residence as he was not in country of his birth (we are in Australia). When he finally got through to speak to somebody in the processing team and explained his situation they said he needs to put it in writing and send it. Sending that off today Express International which will still take ages! Wish they could accept an email.

tomfromaus
    Participant

@Stp

It’s in processing. So confused why they need to manually review my information when most renewals are automatic.

I will end up not getting it back in time if it takes 4-6 weeks as I have a flight on June 20th and postage takes 7 working days from UK. Goodbye to $12000 and last time to see my grandfather as he’s unwell.

What sort of backing do you have to confirm the 4-6 week manual review?

Upsidedown
    Participant

I would try calling them or logging into the web chat if I were you. Do you know if you are in processing? or docs received? You might get it faster – my daughter’s application in 2019 took exactly 2 weeks from posting it in Australia to receiving the passport. Sometimes postage is fast these days too – last month I sent package to UK normal mail and it arrived in a week. The 4-6 weeks is probably the average experience of people on this forum who’ve been sent to processing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.