Processing

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Has anyone been put in processing and actually got their passport back in a decent time ? Everyone I see seems to have to rely on the upgrade 14 days before travel .

AlexM2022
    Participant

hello, just curious as to how long you’ve been in “Processing” for??
    i’ve been waiting since April 20th and losing all hope of getting my childrens passports back in time.

Spot13
    Participant

I’m waiting since 11 March

Lisa
    Participant

It’s only been a week for me so far . Was stuck on identity details received for nearly two weeks before moving to processing .

AlexM2022
    Participant

Spot13, that doesn’t give me any hope at all lol.
    have you rang up or emailed at all??

Upsidedown
    Participant

Husband and son’s applications have been in processing since 14 April. Still waiting. Really frustrating especially when you read of others who have submitted since then who already have theirs back! There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets processed when. Really feel for people needing them back by a certain date for travel

Spot13
    Participant

I recently got a text to ask me to book identity interview but there are no slots available anytime I phone. I can never get through to the general enquiries helpline, when I do they cut me off. I don’t know how to progress this!! Does anyone know a way to contact someone in the passport office who can actually make decisions and do something, not just a call centre person? It is so frustrating now as I am in limbo unable to progress the application as there is no way to make an interview appointment. It looks like more recent applications like yours are quicker.

Lisa
    Participant

Spot have you tried the online chat . I got through to them in 10 minutes the other day. They seemed more helpful . Someone said to dial the 0300 222 0000 and press 8 and then 3 but I haven’t tried it .

Spot13
    Participant

Thanks, yes I have tried that number… it is the one where you wait for ages and then get cut off. I guess I will just need to keep trying but the time I am spending on this is ridiculous. There is never any web chat available. The online email enquiry forms also get ignored.

Lisa
    Participant

I just keep refreshing the page till the blue button pops up. Then I filled in the details as quick as I could and it connected to a agent . Someone said to only put your name and phone number in on the first form. If you spend too long typing in your problem the agent will move on to someone else. They ask you all the details when you get through to them anyway .

RachMac
    Participant

Been processing since 21st March……

Submit 9Mar22
    Participant

Hi, I’m in ‘processing’ since 7April.

When I rang last week passport agent said that 10weeks count from processing, but I rang today, (taking the ‘Anything else’ option,) to confirm which is the correct way to count the weeks. I am in my 9th week, she said.

I got through in about 3 minutes, today by dial the 0300 222 0000 and option 8 and then option 3 .

Agent arrange a ‘call back’ for me as I need a passport for work. hopefully someone will ring me next few days.

nt123
    Participant

I wouldn’t call it ‘decent time’, but I received my passport last week, was in processing from March 15th to April 28th (Durham). Application submitted on February 8th.

Lisa
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies . At least we won’t need to do this for another 10 years .

fulicious
    Participant

Anyone else got any tips for getting in touch? I am currently on hold waiting to speaking to someone since 8am (2 hours 11 mins counting). I don’t think I will ever get to anyone – I have tried web chats but never able to get through I have also tried complaint forms just gets ignored. I have contacted my MP but again no reply. First time of my life I am feeling so helpless.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.