Replacement of lost passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Replacement of lost passport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    gradders
    Participant

Hi all – I have applied for a replacement of my lost passport and below is the stage I’m at. Could anyone please tell me if they’ve done this recently and how long they had to wait? The application was all done online.

Thanks 🙂

Application history
    Status
    Date

Application being processed 3:35pm on 3 May 2022
    Identity details received 5:22pm on 27 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:15pm on 27 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:02pm on 27 April 2022
    T

Cariad94
    Participant

Hi I applied 23 march, went into processing on 30th march and still waiting for it to be approved. It seems that lost passports take 7/8 weeks to get approved

Cariad94
    Participant

Actually that should be at least 7/8 weeks

gradders
    Participant

I’ve read in another thread that it could be that the lost passport reference number didn’t pull through from the application so I am going to call them today to see that is the case, then I can update them with it – fingers crossed I get through!

galls
    Participant

I have been processing since 22nd March from lost passports. I hope it is only 7/8 weeks as that will be my 7 weeks Tuesday!

jendis01
    Participant

They said they have received my details on the 6th of April, how long should I expect till I get my passport

jendis01
    Participant

They said my details were received on the 6th of April when should I expect to get my passport

ZinaZara
    Participant

Hi,

I applied for a lost passport on 29th April. My application hasn’t even reached the processing stage yet.

I called this morning after reading a thread where the cancellation reference does not transfer over. The advisor told me he had added the reference to my application. They have received it but it just hasn’t been processed yet. He also advised I wouldn’t need to send any documents in and that it’s a straight forward renewal.

I am so stressed as it was 10 weeks from when I fly when I submitted the application :(, I am now on 8 weeks and still no progress!

Current tracking stage below:

Identity details received 10:43am on 29 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:58am on 29 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:12am on 29 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 8:45am on 29 April 2022
    Application submitted 8:45am on 29 April 2022

gradders
    Participant

This is my timeline…

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 3:35pm on 3 May 2022
    Identity details received 5:22pm on 27 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:15pm on 27 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:02pm on 27 April 2022
    Application submitted 5:02pm on 27 April 2022

I suffer from anxiety so badly, my nerves are shot to pieces!

davbell87
    Participant

Also waiting for a replacement of a lost passport. Current status below (7week wait so far)

Application being processed 31 March 2022
    Identity details received 23 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 23 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 23 March 2022
    Application submitted 23 March 2022

JJEdwards99922
    Participant

I have the same problem, does anyone know if there’s a way of speeding up the process of replacing a lost passport?

gradders
    Participant

Have you contacted them to give them your reference number you were given when you reported your passport as lost? Mine didn’t pull through from the application so when I rang them they said that is more than likely the reason why it went to processing instead of all being straight forward and automated.

davbell87
    Participant

@gradders I can’t seem to get through to them. Just cuts out. I tried the option 8 option 3 and requested a call back… that was a week a go!

gradders
    Participant

I was cheeky and went through the ‘speak to a welsh agent’ route out of sheer desperation and got through more or less straight away…

jimsomething
    Participant

Not much hope for me of flying out on the 26th of this month with the application being processed since the 20th of April. In hindsight I should have went fast track. For those who have successfully got through the process online, how long did it take from successfully being processed to getting the passport delivered?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.