Who’s standing by the phone today

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Who’s standing by the phone today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

Morning all
    Just wondering how many of us are standing by the phone today praying for a call from the upgrade team

passportproblems
    Participant

Me!!!

urgentpassport0426
    Participant

Me too. But I’ve phoned up again today and the woman was extremely unhelpful, told me to be patient and someone will call me on Tuesday as it is just skeleton staff over the weekend/bank holiday. She didn’t even check my details before telling me that. Also refused to check which passport office my application is at and said whoever given me the email address would have already looked into it. So frustrating!!

aimeejoy89
    Participant

Been on hold over 2hours fly Monday and my soul is now crushed

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

aimeejoy89 Really sorry to hear that i hope a miracle happens and you somehow get your passport.
    I dont think anyone has heard from the upgrade team today. Makes me think they are not working

aimeejoy89
    Participant

I’ve been told numerous times they are in the office but it makes me wonder if they are just processing upgrades to clear the back log and not taking on new ones. Either way they’ve had my details for nearly 2 weeks and they’ve not got back to me. The not knowing has been torture. I think it’ll be Tuesday now before anyone gets a call a call.

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

aimeejoy did you get through today
    We are calling now been holding for an hour

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

I was meant to fly this coming Monday as well, was told on Wednesday that someone would get in touch. But no one has called thus far.

I called the Advice Line yesterday and the girl told me the same thing, i.e. to wait until Tuesday and try to get to the progress team. My nan died over two weeks ago, I phoned in to ask for an escalation based on compassionate grounds and was given an email address to send documents as evidence to. I sent everything I could possibly get hold of, death certificate, birth certificates to prove family connection etc. but two weeks and I’ve literally heard from no one despite calling every other day and being told someone would get in touch within 48 hours.

aimeejoy89
    Participant

I’ve spoken to an agent she’s put me through to the ‘upgrade team’ I have however been on hold well over an hour. Starting to think the department doesn’t exist and it’s just a ruse to give people false hope.

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

aimeejoy just spoke to customer service and they told me that the upgrade team are NOT working today. So someone is not telling the truth

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

@fingerscrossed202 That’s what I was told on the Advice Line 0300 as well. I hope they’re just ignorant, I’ve also been on hold for over an hour now on the other number.

aimeejoy89
    Participant

I finally got through 🙌🏼 It may not be what I wanted to hear but something is better than nothing. I can finally accept it’s not coming but it is at print and on Tuesday should I get the call back I’m promised I should be able fast track it for collection same day or delivery Wednesday. Finally some useful information

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

aimeejoy as you said not what you wanted to hear but at least its something. Can you push back your flight
    we are still no further forward. Now have to wait till Tuesday. How did you get them to put you through to the upgrade team we cannot get even that

aimeejoy89
    Participant

Just to update everyone, the agent I spoke to Saturday promised I’d get a call Tuesday and confirmed the passport had been printed so I have made arrangements to fly Tuesday night. I have just had a call from a call back logged prior and this agent said the upgrade team isn’t working Tuesday and the passport hasn’t been printed!!!!! Safe to say I lost it with her and she actually told me ‘agents lie to get people off the phone’. This I will be logging in my complaint. The incompetence is nothing like I’ve ever experienced before.

urgentpassport0426
    Participant

@aimeejoy89 I am so sorry to hear that!! Can’t believe they lied and said it was printed!! Seems like they have told quite a few of us to expect a call on Tuesday. This is beyond a joke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.