10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Snoopy55
    Participant

The 10 week deadline is nearly up, we aren’t due to fly till July but this passport business is starting to get me down now.
    Has anyone had any luck with calling them to expedite it and recieve it?
    I don’t really want to have to go to an office 48 hours before I fly as I will be really busy at work, but of course if I have to I will. Peterborough being closest but mines at Liverpool.
    Would they let me upgrade if I call them? Has anyone done this?
    I just want to be organised and leaving it till last minute is just a no go, I have a business to run and organise myself 🙈

amylousie22
    Participant

I had a nightmare with my daughters renewal so id advise to get on to it.
    I was at week 12 of waiting, its been expedited, printed and posted today 4 days before i go away.
    Deffo ring and ask to speak with the case management team.
    You can also email, escalatedservice@hmpo.gov.uk

lindsay11uk
    Participant

I would go to an office soon as you can, I have had a nightmare of a time, my passport was printed last Wednesday and still haven’t got it and supposed to fly on Thursday 23rd. I have been told that many lies my head is battered with it all I was allowed to upgrade on the 9th June….while waiting for the call back it processed and went to print the normal way, was waiting for a call to collect that never happened, next phone call was told a courier had picked it up so been hanging on for that and 5 days later still no passport, today I was told it was sent by posted yesterday next day delivery but still not arrived today so tomorrow is my last day for it to come, all the promised call backs didn’t come. I have lost count how many times I have rang waiting for hours on end and its got me no where the whole thing has had me that stressed I feel ill with it
    My daughter went for her fast track appointment last week and said people were showing up whose flights were only in July and they was dealing with them that was at Liverpool.
    If I knew back then it was going to be like this I would of gone to a passport office long ago, take your chance and turn up

lindsay11uk
    Participant

@snoopy55
    I was told London were dealing with mine but ended up being processed at liverpool… well so they say.

Helly87
    Participant

I am the same week 10, 8 weeks processing and just no help at all. Only advice they give me is allow them more time. I travel in 4 weeks so 2 more weeks before I can upgrade. Lindsay11uk how long was you waiting before yours was processed? What has happened to you is exactly what I am worried about 😭

Eagles6
    Participant

My appllication was escalated in week 11, travel in July. Received in less than a weej

garstangrover
    Participant

Mine is now 10.5 weeks and I travel in 2.5 weeks. I contacted my MP as soon as it reached 10 weeks and got this reply in Sunday but have heard nothing since:

“ I can confirm that I have raised your concerns with HMPO and as soon as I have received a response, I will be in contact with you.

Please note, it may take some time to receive a response from HMPO, but I will let you know as soon as one does come in.”

I just rang the helpline number. Pressed 3 then they had an option 1 to press if you had waited more than 10 weeks. All I did there though was give my details to an automated system which then said “we have all the information we need and will contact you if there is any update” then the call was ended. Does anyone know if that does any good as I think that’s a fairly new option on the helpline?

brussels83
    Participant

We hit 10 weeks on Sunday but needed to upgrade on Monday as my son travels on 4th, we’ve heard nothing from the upgrade team as of yet, not sure if they should have at least acknowledged receipt of the request, I’ve seen people saying they have had automated confirmation emails.. will be chasing again Monday once passed 10 weeks and likely heading to the passport office next week.

I mailed my MP a few weeks ago who went to a help desk they have available to them and to be fair they came back with an update in about an hour, didn’t change anything as not at 10 weeks but I think they have ways to speak to them quickly if needed.

garstangrover
    Participant

I’ve just now rung the HMPO management team who couldn’t help me as I am not travelling in two weeks. So annoying that they would have helped me if I had applied 6 weeks ago and travel in 2 weeks but won’t when I have applied 10.5 weeks ago and travel in 2.5 weeks.

andy767
    Participant

When I applied for my son’s overseas child renewal (mid May) I was told 15 weeks minimum on the HMPO confirmation… is that because it’s overseas or is it a new timeframe?

Helly87
    Participant

Yeah overseas applications are longer processing time. I believe the waiting time doesn’t start till doccuments are received. (They won’t tell you that bit till you have exceeded the waiting time you was told initially)
    My is a uk adult renewal but with a surname change approaching 11 weeks now 9 weeks processing.

userleft
    Spectator

Hi Everyone – sorry to hear about your problems too. When have you decided is the 10 week deadline? Is it 10 weeks from when your documents were received or from when you were contacted or the message on the on line tracking system? I have nearly 2 weeks between my old passport arriving in Liverpool and a posted message saying it had been received and was being processed. Don’t know what date to work from?

Helly87
    Participant

If you call them they will say 10 weeks from the day your doccuments was received. You should be able to upgrade your application from 6 weeks at a cost though and free over 10 weeks if your travelling in 2 weeks or less.
    I spoke to an adviser on the chat this morning that said any one who has been waiting longer then 10 weeks should be eligible to escalate there application and to speak to the help line to do that. 3 advisers later and still a lot of confusion no one can quite work out how to do that on the system 😂

userleft
    Spectator

I have called and gone through the automated system if requiring an urgent passport and then I get off and can’t speak to anyone. Any ideas please?

Helly87
    Participant

Call the helpline and press 8 then 3
    Or there is a customer service number that I don’t think they know is out in circulation and often can’t get through which is 03001050850. It’s a long wait but you will get to speak to some one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.