10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    userleft
    Spectator

Big shout out to Helly87 THANK YOU. Called the number, waited 1.5 hrs, but thought it would be longer, spoke to an actual human who has helped expedite fast track process.

Helly87
    Participant

Aww glad you got sorted, I am actually jealous because I am waiting for a call back from the expedite team 🙈. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be too long now

Pra
    Participant

I applied for the renewal of my son’s passport on the 13th April. Additional documents were requested and this was received at Peterborough on the 9th May (checked Royal Mail). But the system had not been updated. Since then, heard nothing. Called numerous times to check whether they had actually received the additional docs which they finally confirmed on the 10th June! Called them again to try and push things along but the message I keep getting is ‘wait 10 weeks’. We are now in week 9 (from the date when the old passport was received) and getting slightly worried as travelling on the 16th July. Not sure what to do next? Any advice. Thank you.

Helly87
    Participant

I am in the same boat we travel the 20th. Applied 10th April and been processing 9 weeks today. Think all we can do is sit and wait it out and pray it gets dealt with this week. Otherwise then it will be a upgrade 2 weeks before travel which will be stressful but it’s out of our control sadly

Pra
    Participant

@Helly87 – Thank you for the reply. You are right, this is not within our control and all we can do is wait unfortunately. Stressful times ahead if nothing happens in the next few days.

curious
    Participant

I applied for 2 child renewals on 12th April via paper application and PO check and send so haven’t had the ability to track the applications.
    I rang after 6 weeks of waiting just to check that the applications had been received as I only got 1 text message not 2 and was told that both applications were received on 19th April at Durham and had been awaiting examination since 26th April.
    I rang the helpline last Thursday as it had been 10 weeks and 2 days since submission and was passed onto the progress team (eventually) who said that the 10 weeks only starts from them receiving the application so I was only at 9 weeks 2 days as far as they were concerned and there was no point ringing back until I was due to fly within 2 weeks as they couldn’t do anything until that point anyway. I was told that both applications were still at the awaiting examination stage.
    I received 1 text message today to say that I should expect to receive my passport within the next few days.
    I followed the advice I’d read on here and used a link that someone had previously posted for TNT tracking and both passports are due for delivery tomorrow.
    I’m not holding my breath as I won’t believe it until they’re both actually in my hands but I’m growing more optimistic 🤞

userleft
    Spectator

Wishing you luck. In same boat as many of you. My son’s old passport arrived at the Liverpool office on 27 April – I know cos I tracked it and have a signature but it has taken them 2 weeks to say ‘documents arrived’. We leave on 12 July. The tracking tool is sh*t and you try and find on any government website an explanation of when the application time starts. Fully appreciate they can’t do anything until documents arrive with them – but 2 weeks from the post room? Shocking. Advice line cuts us off, web chat so busy I couldn’t get on it. Emailed the passport office direct with evidence we leave in 2 weeks. Not heard back. Don’t know whether to chase it or wait – don’t want to hack them off. Our holiday and the potential loss of thousands of pounds is in their hands.
    Getting a real vibe that children’s passports are more heavily affected. Our adult ones arrived within 10 days!!!! Guess what passport people – we can’t leave them at home.

vsn22
    Participant

This is the reply I got when I sent a request for upgrade this morning. It seems to be clear that the clock starts when you submit your application. It doesn’t speak about receiving the documents.

We have received your email. Please do not send any more emails as this may cause delays.

We can only consider expediting an application if:

• you submitted your application at least 10 weeks ago; and
    • you have evidence to show you need a passport in the next 2 weeks.

This mailbox is only for customers who submitted their application more than ten weeks ago. If this does not apply to you, you will not receive a response from this mailbox.

userleft
    Spectator

Thank you vsn22. You seem to have the elusive answer. Can I please ask where you sent your upgrade request? Was it to expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk? Based on your response I should be eligible on Tuesday – 1 week before we leave.
    Thanks again and good luck with your passport.

userleft
    Spectator

Hi Helly87 – just wondering if you have heard back from the expedite team yet? How are you getting on?
    I will reach 10 weeks on Tuesday. Contacted the Liverpool upgrade service as I am now only 10 days till we fly – not heard anything. Guy on phone said I may not hear until 2 or 3 days before departure. Eek!
    I have an extremely stressful job which I manage really well – but this is getting to me!

Helly87
    Participant

Not a thing 😭
    My Mp has contacted the forgein secretary and still nothing
    My 2 weeks before we fly is next Wednesday and like you I am very stressed. Only have 2 days off between now and us going away and one I am in hospital other my car is in for a mot. 12 weeks since I applied and 10 weeks since doccuments received. Really hope you hear something soon but feel like we have been forgotten about 😭

Helly87
    Participant

Dear Customer,

I have forwarded your application details to one of our examination teams to progress as soon as possible

Kind regards
    The Expedited Team

Just checked my email and got this response from the email I sent Wednesday, fingers crossed things will start moving 🤞

userleft
    Spectator

Well done you! I have everything crossed for you. I’ve written to my MP this evening.

Helly87
    Participant

Have you emailed the expedite team kila? I shouldn’t be eligible till Wednesday and they haven’t even asked for any proof of flying etc.
    Never know might consider it with you been so close to 10 weeks and flying soon

userleft
    Spectator

I emailed last week but perhaps that really was a bit too early. I will try again especially as I am so close to 10 weeks and have only 10 days till we fly. Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.