Any upgrade successes loosing hope,!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Any upgrade successes loosing hope,!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    foxtrotlady
    Participant

Due to fly Sunday 1st May still not heard from upgrade team even though go an automated response today the will be in touch within 48hrs last Thursday 21st April! This whole experience is so depressing.

Kroby89
    Participant

Hi, I was in the same situation as you.(we fly sunday) I lost all hope by this morning then got an call to say come collect today after 4pm. My sons renewal has taken 12 weeks. i have rang and emailed everyday. What i found was if you ring after 8pm leave your details they call you back the next day also email this email address: LiverpoolUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

I hope this helps and you manage to get the passport in time

ech272
    Participant

I’m in the same boat, travelling 6th May and was told on Saturday I’d be contacted Monday or Tuesday by the upgrades team. Sent an email Sunday evening with proof of travel and had the same automated message of being contacted within 48 hours. I phoned this morning and got the most unhelpful person who sounded as if he was half asleep. He said they’re running behind on call backs, typical. I’m literally drained with the whole thing!

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Still waiting for call from upgrade team in Durham, was told they are doing in date of travel order so as travelling on 1st May I may not hear till tThursday or Friday! Almost too close for comfort especially as will have to collect from our nearest passport office.

Liveinhope
    Participant

What number did you call after 8 in order to leave a message?

twazym
    Participant

My upgrade experience (sons first passport) has been ok so far but quite early in the process. Called passport office who passed me through a few people and h then finally confirmed my details, requested Durham as local office. Got an email straight away which I replied to and received an automatic response, I then got a call about 2 hours later from the Durham office to say they had received the upgrade request and be in touch in 48hours. Just waiting for that call back. We don’t fly until 9th may.

In the meantime I got an email saying they required further documents (my marriage certificate) as the name on my passport and on my sons birth certificate didn’t match up, sent that next day signed for. So I have everything crossed I will hear something tomorrow

jgreenidge85
    Participant

SO JUST TO CONFIRM, WHEN YOU DO THE 2 WEEK BEFORE TRAVEL UPGRADE, DO THEY REVERT IT TO YOUR LOCAL OFFICE? AS MY APPLICATION WAS SENT TO BOOTLE AND THEN IT WAS PASSED TO NEWPORT. ALSO I WAS ADVISED THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGE AS THEY HAVE HAD THE APPLICATION FOR OVER 10 WEEKS.

THANKS

twazym
    Participant

They gave me an option for which office, Durham is my closest so I said that one.

I will be charged as I am less than 10 weeks but I have heard that over 10weeks there is no charge

cledan
    Participant

Which number did you ring after 8 @kroby89

HL85
    Participant

Hopefully a positive upgrade story here. We’re due to pick up our Son’s first passport from the Liverpool office today (28/04) as we’re due to travel 04/05. We applied mid Feb and our application wasn’t progressing. I was told to email the Belfast upgrade team on Friday and they called me yesterday to make payment for upgrade and said they would deliver special delivery on Friday but we said we’d pick up to be safe so from contact with helpline last Wednesday to pick up Thursday so just over a week after lots of anxious waiting for calls. Fingers crossed!

jgreenidge85
    Participant

HL85, was you application at the same office you picked you r passport up from? im in the same boat as you, applied on the 28/2/22 and still processing, travel on the 27/5/22 but can only upgrade from two weeks before travel, they said i can expedite from the 9/5/22 free of charge. But im between a rock and a hard place, as im travelling with two other families, jet 2 said the can push back the date for us it would just mean we done get to travel go on holiday with the rest of our family. its either pay £200 and rebook or take the risk with the two week before travel upgrade.

Nixxi92
    Participant

Has anyone heard from Durham or liverpool yet?

cledan
    Participant

Nope, nothing. I’m tempted to travel up to Liverpool to try chase it up. Heard on radio someone did that and they chased it up and she has the passport same day

Nixxi92
    Participant

Same I’m only 15 mins from Durham office x

cledan
    Participant

I’m 2.5 hours away! But I’m tempted to just do it. At least I know then I’ve tried everything. U tried ringing and getting through to the progress team?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.