Any upgrade successes loosing hope,!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Any upgrade successes loosing hope,!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Nixxi92
    Participant

Many many times lol. I don’t know if I’m coming or going. I’ve had enough now.

cledan
    Participant

Tell me about it! Have heard enough of that classical music! The webchat s just busy all the time too!

Oliverst14
    Participant

Well let me tell you what a total mess the passport service is in. I booked a 7 day fast track on the 31st March, appointment on the 9th April, flying on the 18th April, passport is still not here. In fact when im able to speak to them without 3 hour waits or the call being cut off they have told me its not even been printed and they have no idea why.

Good luck but iv just lost 4.5k cause of the useless uk passport service

foxtrotlady
    Participant

This sole destroying!

siddiqa87
    Participant

@foxtrotlady

Did you hear from them? Monday being bank holiday doesn’t help

Applied for sons renewal 23rd March

Travelling on 7th, going out of my mind. If they told me in a timely fashion , I could rearrange but they won’t reply to my emails. Have not been able to get in touch with anybody for a few days.

Sent an email to the Liverpool upgrade team and just waiting.

Remember to put the date of travel in the subject line when you send the upgrade request.

Good luck everybody.

foxtrotlady
    Participant

No I have not heard anything, I have called twice today, they don’t seem to be able to tell me anything, apart they can see it sitting in the system doing nothing! Waiting I suppose to be looked at! Going to try calling again, as don’t want to block email system.

ValC81
    Participant

I found out about this email address yesterday afternoon, less than 24 hours later I have my daughter’s passport in my hand (we’re traveling next week). I applied on the 3rd march, they said I needed to send extra documents which I sent straight away and had been waiting 4 weeks for them to be acknowledged. The upgrade team called first thing this morning and the woman on the phone said they’d should never have requested the extra documents as what we sent were enough. So she waived the fee and told me I could collect today from the Liverpool office. Very glad i saw this thread as otherwise I’d probably still be waiting! There is hope – good luck everyone!

Nixxi92
    Participant

What email address was it x

Lleach
    Participant

I’ve sent 2 emails now to the Peterborough upgrade team but heard nothing. Due to fly 2 weeks today (18th May for a wedding) and they’ve still not submitted my daughters birth certificate on to her application!!! No idea what else I can do and I’m going out of my mind with stress and worry that my husband will have to go on his own (he’s best man) and I’ll be left at home with my 3 children, one being a newborn!! Not the family holiday we had hoped for thats for sure. Any advice would be much appreciated 🙏

kryptonite
    Participant

Where can I find the upgrades email addresses?

jgreenidge85
    Participant

They wont upgrade until its two weeks before travel, and they wont accept your email until its two weeks before travel, so it you have emailed them recently they may not accept. You need to call them up and tell them your flying out in the next two weeks, then they will ask you to email the upgrades team and should reply in 2-3 days time, to take payment. Also email them proof of your dates of departure.

If they have had your application for more than 10 weeks then you need to tell them to expedite your application which means they will fast track for free as they are breaching their own service level agreement.

imedga
    Participant

When did you send the emails?

From what I have seen you can only upgrade within 2 weeks of travel so that would be from today for you and it sounds like you might have sent the emails before today? If so it’s possible they could have ignored it because it did not meet their criteria to start the upgrade.

If you sent the email today then wait for a reply if it was a while ago then I guess you might want to send another?

The last call I had with them they told me I can’t even start the upgrade because the status is still showing send us your old passport. I am due to travel a week today!

jgreenidge85
    Participant

I’ve never seen that status before, only send us your documents, surely you sent them at the time of submitting the application?

CallumG01
    Participant

Hi,

Can I upgrade my passport application if it is a first passport? I am 21 and never had a passport before, I haven’t waited 10 weeks but I’d be happy to pay if that’s what it takes?

Cheers

imedga
    Participant

you are correct the actual status is send us your documents I didn’t mean send us your old passport as a formal status and yes I sent the passport shortly after the renewal application.

I will admit that I am in a different position to most. I was in no rush when I sent the renewal ahead of possible holidays later in the year. I then found out a few days later I would have to travel with work (not someting I normally do any more).

Had I known I would have done a priority renewal or waited longer. I would have had the required 2 months remaining for the work trip but too late now!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.