Application processing stage

Home › Forums › General Passport Application Discussion › Application processing stage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    LAPP
    Participant

Does anyone have a realistic time frame of each stage I am slowly becoming obsessed with tracking my passport and being disappointed each time
    7th April – application being processed
    How long is it likely to be at this stage for? Holiday booked for 11th May
    Really stressed 😩

helplol
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as you!! I applied on the 2nd April, sent my old passport off on the 5th April, had my old passport marked as received on the 15th April. I fly may 21st! I check it about 15 times a day to see if there’s been an update

Noctule8
    Participant

Hi just saw this as I was about to unsubscribe if it helps I spent 3 weeks in application processing from 17th March to 5th April. Got printed on 11th and passport was delivered on Thursday all in all from application on 9th March 5 weeks 1 day so you should be fine.

LAPP
    Participant

Thank you this is promising nice to hear a positive outcome! Enjoy your holiday and keep your fingers crossed for me 😬

ritabix
    Participant

If it states processing on tracker it’s likely to take longer. It’s switched to manual from digital. Means a human needs to verify something. So goes slow. I applied 2/3/22 and still waiting at processing stage

Leah2210
    Participant

I made my application on 26th of March, went into processing on the 1st of April still waiting for it to be approved!

Stp
    Participant

From what I’ve seen most are between 2 and 5 weeks processing but seen a few under and over, no idea if it’s due to delays or what checks have to be done.

Mines currently been 19 days processing at the Liverpool office, first passport so possibly more checks being done. 5 weeks would leave me 10 days before travel, any longer and I’m probably gonna miss it despite booking over 10 weeks after application.

LAPP
    Participant

Has anyone been eligible to try and use the new fast track upgrade?
    If so what does it entail? The stress of all this has left me feeling ill, never known anything like it

ritabix
    Participant

Lapp, I’m in the process. It’s not much better to be honest. I’m so on edge.
    You have to apply 14 days before travel. Call them on threat day. They’ll tell you which office your application is at, as they move about. My daughters travel is booked this Sunday. I was promised a call by last Thursday and still nothing. If People are successful they’re getting passports a day or two before travel. It’s agony.

LAPP
    Participant

Does anyone have the contact details for the upgrade? How do I contact them?

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

@LAPP as ritabix said unfortunatly you have to be within 2 weeks of travel to apply for the upgrade and even then its beyond stressful. They are supposed to contact you after 48rs after you applied but we have been waiting a week

maimal22
    Participant

Does anyone know how long it takes to enter the processing stage. My daughters first passport application has been stuck on documents received since 4th April

meera0108
    Participant

I’m in exactly the same position. My sons first passport has been waiting at documents recieved since April 5th. I submitted the application on March 17th. It’s just so unacceptable to be honest. The stress of it all is consuming me! We travel on June 1st so it gave us 11 weeks leeway from when I applied. Urgh.

max1978
    Participant

Thank you for your email about your passport application.

Our standard passport application is a non guaranteed service, however our estimated 10 week timescale is from when all supporting documents are scanned onto your application.

No guarantee even after 10 weeks of documents received im afraid, 3 children’s first passports applied for. 1 received, 1 being printed & last still on docs received although all applications sent on same day & the one we are waiting for was the first to have their documents received

meera0108
    Participant

How long has it been since you applied for the passports? So really it’s actually 14/15 weeks for your passport to be ready then if it’s 10 weeks from when documents are scanned in. Utterly ridiculous! Some of us applied before the 10 weeks wait was mentioned so it just seems very unfair to be honest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.