Application processing stage

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Application processing stage

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Dukee
    Participant

Good Morning from Canada…”Documents Received” 10/3/22, “Application in Process” also 10/3/22, and then…nothing since – 6 weeks today of no update. Trying to ascertain what’s next – is next update “APPROVED/Rejected”? Could they STILL come back asking for more supporting docs, or does the fact that it got into “Processing” mean that we’re past that stage now? Soooo many questions, any enlightenment anyone can offer – or stories from other overseas applicants especially – would be much appreciated.

max1978
    Participant

Not sure if same as UK but my belief is that if it goes to processing it has gone into manual checking rather than digital so has to wait for someone to physically check it. I’ve called & asked about this as mine has been processing since 17th March, I was told I basically just have to wait & it could mean other documents are required depending on it being checked. Not much help I’m afraid

Dukee
    Participant

thank you Max! As it seems all of us here just have to try and cobble together enough evidence to explain our situation, that information is helpful – as I forgot to mention my app is a First Adult Passport, hence it going to Manual Processing makes sense!

max1978
    Participant

Dukee I called the passport office & mine was stuck in processing due to my old passport cancellation reference number not being received although I emailed them. Not sure if there’s anything that could be something similar holding yours up

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by max1978.
    Dukee
    Participant

Max FWIW, I’m seeing all over this board that – especially for an Overseas First Adult application – my timelines dont seem so crazy yet, and that I might wanna just hunker down and accept that it may be the whole 10 Weeks (May 20ish) before I have it in my hands. What I have learned here – and thus want to find out ASAP that its not the case for me – is that the stupidly unreasonable processing times seem to occur when there is a perceived problem with one’s application, or in other words, the more it has to be “looked at”, the longer it takes

scoey1001
    Participant

Hi everyone. I applied for my passport on 2nd April (first adult passport) and sent my old child passport which they signed for on 4th April. On the 19th April i finally get a text to say they had received my old passport. Then today i get a text to say the application has been approved and the passport is being printed?! Have i been extremely lucked and bypassed the ‘processing’ stage or have i missed something? Thanks

max1978
    Participant

Yes you’ve missed the dreaded processing stage which is good news

LAPP
    Participant

Has anyone received passports yet? 18 days before I travel and living in hope 😵‍💫

Susie1967
    Participant

There is a fb page called Passport Chaos 2022 that you might all find helpful. I joined yesterday and there is a lot of support and helpful advice on there. I have been in Processing since 21 March – despite phone calls and web chats, still no movement 🙄

hannah7340
    Participant

Hey!

I did online renewal for my daughter on Thursday 14th April & sent docs signed for. They were scanned on 19th. Passport application approved 22nd, printed & delivered but 28th April.

It was soo much quicker than I expected. Bootle is where her old passport had to go!

Fingers crossed for you

Cherryblossom
    Participant

Here is my timeline

First Adult passport after naturalisation

I have just received an update that my application was approved. My timeline is below:

Application submitted:. 9:33 am on 23 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 9:33 am on 23 March 2022
    Email sent to per confirm omg your identity: 9:37 am on 23 March 2022
    Identity details received: 10:02 am on 23 March 2022
    Application received: 10:02 am on 23 March 2022
    Documents sent by me on Friday, 25 March 2022 by Royal Mail special delivery. Documents sent to Bootle
    Documents marked as received by Royal Mail on Monday 28 March 2022
    Documents received on the tracker on 10:27 am on 7 April 2022
    Application approved on 11:43 am on 2 May 2022

Does anyone know how long it takes to be sent out?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.