Application processing stage

Home ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Passport Application Discussion ā€ŗ Application processing stage

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    max1978
    Participant

I applied on 6th March, my application has been stuck on processing since 17th March. My daughters applied for on same dayā€¦been stuck on documents received since 28th March, I just called the Newport office (someone actually answered the phone), I asked about both applications, basically mine they can do nothing about, my daughters should have been scanned in & gone to approved or further action within 11 days so I am waiting for a call back to see what the delay is. We donā€™t fly until June 12th but I have little confidence in the system at the moment from reading other posts. If Iā€™d not rang up then my daughters could have been on docs received for god knows how long. Iā€™ll report back what they say

meera0108
    Participant

I agree I have very little faith in the system after reading all the posts too so panicking a bit to be honest. Iā€™ve only been on documents recieved since 5th April and then we had the bank Holiday in the middle to.

max1978
    Participant

When do you fly? Itā€™s ridiculous really as you apply well ahead of the 10 weeks & still looks unlikely, my sons was back within 5 weeks & my eldest daughters is waiting to be picked up by TNT. The processing stage is probably the worst stage your application can enter by the looks of it

max1978
    Participant

& of course being stuck on documents received šŸ™„

meera0108
    Participant

So crazily Iā€™ve literally just had a text this very minute to say our application has been Approved and they will let me know when it will be dispatched. I had to send my application to the Liverpool office though. I really hope yours sorts out soon. This is a big weight of my mind tbh as we fly on June 1st which is only 6 weeks away now.

max1978
    Participant

Ah thatā€™s brilliant news. Me too but I suppose o still have upgrade as an option if they donā€™t get their finger out. Have a lovely holiday

meera0108
    Participant

Thankyou! Good luck. I hope you donā€™t get to that stage though as you have been very organised so early on.

maimal22
    Participant

I just spoke to customer services. They informed me that 10 week countdown starts from the time they have received the documents and not from when the application was submitted. They also said childrens first passports usually have a turnaround of 6 weeks. I donā€™t believe that to be true but I do hope so as I fly on 10th June.

akif
    Participant

I have applied for a replacement passport on the 13/04/22, so far I have application history of
    Identity details received 10:39am on 13 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:42am on 13 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:35am on 13 April 2022
    Application submitted 4:35am on 13 April 2022
    What happens next and do yous think I will have it by may the 25th ?

losingfaith
    Participant

Long time lurker, first time posting, and I think I have to admit defeat nowā€¦

Found out about the new EU rule on passport validity and as I am due to travel for work a lot in the coming months, so applied in what I thought was plenty of time with 5 weeks typical processing. I am supposed to be travelling every couple of weeks starting this Friday, so while it wouldnā€™t have expired until October I thought it was better to apply now.

Submitted application 2 March, passport arrived two days later but took the then-usual 10 days to be linked to my application. Was asked to send written statement to Peterborough about passport damage on 17 March, sent tracked next day and arrived 8am on 18th March.

By 6 April, the progress team admitted the statement was likely lost in their post room as it had been three weeks and not linked to my application. Was advised to send a second written statement while various alerts were placed on my application to try and get someone to go and look for the first.

No idea which statement (if any) was found but I moved into dreaded manual processing on 11 April. No updates on the tracker since. Spoke to two people during the 14-day window to apply for the fast track upgrade but it wasnā€™t until last Thursday 14th April and third person told me about it and how to apply. However Iā€™ve heard absolutely nothing and Iā€™m due to fly 7am on Friday (22nd)ā€¦ what are the chances of approval, printing and delivery in the next 48 hours? Hoping for an unlikely miracle.

Everyone I spoke to in numerous phone calls kept advising me there was still enough time, to keep being patient etc. I am starting to feel like I was fobbed off.

Application being processed 3:50pm on 11 April 2022
    Documents received 12:13pm on 14 March 2022
    Application received 1:18pm on 2 March 2022
    Application submitted 1:18pm on 2 March 2022

Upsidedown
    Participant

We moved into the processing stage last week on 14 April the day after documents were scanned in as ā€œreceivedā€. Considering they had been signed for a month previously we were relieved (first passport application from overseas, including foreign passport which would have been expensive to replace if theyā€™d lost it!) It looks like there is a lot of variation ā€“ some people move to approved after a few days, while some take longer. In our case there is a document which will need to be used for both applications and Iā€™m not sure whether that will delay things or make no difference.

meera0108
    Participant

I applied for my sons first passport on 17th March. Documents were signed for by 22nd March but not acknowledged on system till 5th April. Then yesterday 19th April I got a message to say Application Approved and they will met me know when it will be dispatched. So took 4 weeks to get from submission to approval. Iā€™m guessing another couple weeks fro printing and recieving. Which makes 6 weeks about right, but I think thatā€™s if everything goes smoothly! We fly June 1st so I was also very worried that if we got stuck in the processing stage we would be in trouble but thankfully they must hate for everything they need from my documents.

galls
    Participant

I applied for mine on the 16th March, lost passport so didnā€™t need to send anything away. Same day I got my identity confirmed. 22nd March, went into processing and been stuck there since. I have tried calling, difficult when working full time, so I called last night at 6pm and come 8pm still no answer the auto message was switched on saying ā€˜lines closed call backā€™ so frustrating! we fly in 6 weeks.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 12:02pm on 23 March 2022
    Identity details received 6:01pm on 16 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:29am on 16 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:28am on 16 March 2022
    Application submitted 11:28am on 16 March 2022

M.P.2022.Passport
    Participant

Hi

Can anyone help! Iā€™ve been sat in processing since March 23rd and I have had no form of communication since ā€“ I have called and no one seems to be answering, itā€™s been 7 weeks since I submitted. I go on holiday in 6 weeks and getting really nervous.

max1978
    Participant

Iā€™ve been in processing since March 17th, I emailed them in regards to this & this was first reply:
    am happy to confirm we received your passport application at our Durham office on 17 March 2022 and it is currently waiting to be checked.

All correctly completed applications are being processed within the timescales of the service you applied for, which is approximately 10 weeks for a replacement application.

I then asked when the 10 weeks start from & they replied with the entry I posted above.

I called them yesterday & they basically said itā€™s just a waiting game, try the Newport number as thatā€™s how I got through:
    01633 285419

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.