Bootle

• This topic has 127 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Kay.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    deeraz
    Participant

I’m very new to this site and I have sent my old passport for adult renewal (address to Bootle) on 3rd January with 1st class signed in for. Today, I checked in the Royal Mail tracking service online, and they said we will update it once the UK passport office have got it, despite being sent on 3rd January !! (that’s 6 days ago). I also checked the UK Passport tracking service online and they said, send in the old passport (once again 6 days ago).

Now is this a common occurrence when sending passport for renewal?, that they don’t often update their tracking services?, or has the passport got lost in the post?

What advice can someone give me regarding this? Shall I wait for couple of months to see if they will finally send a new passport? or try chasing them up by ringing their helplines? Has anyone been through this experience?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by deeraz. Reason: The place

deeraz
    Participant

Today I just received my new passport. I haven’t received yet my old one.

Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Type of Application:
    Adult Passport Renewal

Passport Office:
    Liverpool (Bootle)

Submission Date:
    2023-01-16

Date Received:
    2023-01-25

Overall Experience:
    5 Star – Very Easy

Comments:
    This was a first adult passport for a 16 year old who already had a child passport. Uploaded own photo from phone. New passport was actually received on 26 Jan, but I could not select that date above.
    App submitted: 14:31 16/01/2023
    Old passport posted: 15:00 16/01/2023
    Old passport rec’d at PO: 17:42 18/01/2023
    Approved: 07:25 23/01/2023
    Printed: 11:08 24/01/2023
    Received: 26/01/2023

Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Type of Application:
    Adult Passport Renewal

Passport Office:
    Liverpool (Bootle)

Submission Date:
    2023-01-13

Date Received:
    2023-01-26

Overall Experience:
    4 Star – Easy

Comments:
    1 x adult renewal, 1 x child renewal
    Documents & passports sent together one same envelope despite different addresses given to Liverpool (not Bootle)

Application submitted on 13/1/23
    Documents & old passports sent 14/1/23
    Marked as received 16/1/23
    Applications approved 24/1/23
    Passports received 26/1/23 – no delivery tracking received

Mumof4
    Participant

HiPWT Editor. Were the 2 documents & old passports you sent in one envelope scanned in as received at the same time for their respective applications??

I sent mine the same (one envelope) for my 2 kids old passports, adult and child renewal but so far only the adult old passport has been scanned in to their application. The child one is still in “send document status” when clearly they have it because it was in the same envelope as the adult one that they have confirmed receiving 2 days ago. Getting worried that they lose the child’s old passport.

SanPellegrino
    Participant

Not too bad – 2 weeks exactly, no hiccups. Documents were sent with small delay by 1st class sign for. We have received new passport today but we are still waiting for the foreign passport to be returned.

Child renewal passport:

Application history

StatusDate
    Passport Received 3 March 2023
    Passport printed 2 March 2023
    Application approved 1 March 2023
    Documents received 23 February 2023
    Application received 18 February 2023
    Identity details received 18 February 2023
    Application submitted 18 February 2023

waitycaity
    Participant

I applied for a passport renewal on 26th Feb, sent old passport off tracked on 28th Feb with Royal Mail saying it had been signed for at the Bootle DA on March 2nd.

Two weeks later and PP office (Bootle) have still not registered that they have received my old passport, while others I know who sent theirs way after mine had confirmation of receipt from PP office within days.

Have even called and PP office have said they will look into where it’s got to using my Royal Mail tracking number, however no update on that either. They keep saying just wait a bit longer.

Anyone else experienced similar? Have they just lost my old passport? Supposed to be travelling on April 25th so it’s irritating me that I’m stuck unable to do anything about it and have no idea if my old one is lost or not.

Help please, thanks in advance! xx

Kay
    Participant

I was hopeful that it would be a little quicker . Kudos to the fast reply on the enquiry via email but this does not lessen my anxiety as my documents have been on the “Documents Received” status since 15 Feb. I am bound to take an overseas school trip for my college on June but my applications is not even moving and all my original documents such as birth certificate are still in UK.

Applying from Hong Kong
    Application type: First Adult Passport
    Application history

Status Date
    No update yet. – 09/09/2023 Whole process would take 11-13 weeks according to the reply on my inquiry via email today.

Documents received 7:52pm on 15 February 2023
    Application received 4:55am on 2 February 2023
    Identity details received 4:55am on 2 February 2023
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6:56am on 1 February 2023
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:16am on 29 January 2023
    Application submitted 5:16am on 29 January 2023

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Kay.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.