Change of name with passport renewal timeline

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Change of name with passport renewal timeline

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    nikki1075
    Participant

Hi all. Has anyone updated their details on their passport as part of the renewal recently? How long did it take?

My timeline:
    App submitted: 8th March
    Documents sent: 9th March
    Documents received (according to RM): 10th March
    Documents received (according to HMPO): 25th March

I also got another text today almost 2 weeks after the last update saying they received my documents! They already acknowledged receipt of documents on 25th March! 🙄 I don’t know what’s going on but it’s still not in the processing phase. It’s been over 4 weeks already and they haven’t done anything with it 🙄

When does the 5 weeks they estimate start? From submission or from when they acknowledge they have received the documents? It’s so frustrating because they took over 2 weeks after they documents arrived to acknowledge they arrived 🙄

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

Hi, I recently submitted an renewal application for a name change. I posted it off on the 3rd March, Royal Mail delivered 4th March, but it didn’t get marked as “Document Received” until the 21st. I’ve also been stuck on that since. It’s ridiculous, I just saw today someone on here who got their first child passport approved and timeline looked very similar to yours (definitely submitted later than mine). I’m happy for them of course, it just seems the Peterborough office has no order in which they process the applications.

lisam1988
    Participant

In my experience two separate “we have received your documents” messages means they have done an internal transfer of your application to another passport office. That is what happened with mine. When I applied the average time was three weeks, today is nine weeks exactly since I applied and I still don’t have my passport – it is due for delivery today.

Dawson36
    Participant

Hey. The two separate ‘we have received you documents’ means that they have had to send your docs to a different office.

After many many calls this week I finally found out that my documents were sent to Liverpool but my application is being processed in Glasgow. I applied on the 14th Feb and it’s still saying ‘in progress’ I was told it is with an examiner but they said it could still take weeks, we are due to go on honeymoon in a few weeks so just feel ill about it all. I was told the weeks start from the day you apply but I don’t really trust what’s been told to me Iv spoken to several different people who have all said different things!

nikki1075
    Participant

Thanks all for the information.

Does anyone know why they would send it to a different passport office? I sent it to the office they told me too (Bootle).

It’s so frustrating that there is just zero information on all this. The second “documents received” notification doesn’t appear on the tracking even though I got the text a second time.

nikki1075
    Participant

Actually I just checked tracking again just now and as of this morning it now says processing (didn’t get a text or email for this update though). I guess that’s something but still frustrating it took almost 5 weeks to get to the “processing” stage! So glad this only needs to be done every 10 years!

diad-em
    Participant

@nikki1075 just wondering how you are getting on with your application? I have also just received a 2nd documents received text (2 weeks after the initial one), also for a name change renewal. We are due to fly in 5 weeks so getting nervous that this will mean we’ve been sent right to the back of the queue.

max1978
    Participant

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 12:21pm on 17 March 2022
    Documents received 3:13pm on 15 March 2022
    Application received 8:46am on 6 March 2022
    Identity details received 8:45am on 6 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:24am on 6 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 8:21am on 6 March 2022
    Application submitted 8:21am on 6 March 2022

Mine is still processing

max1978
    Participant

I am happy to confirm we received your passport application at our Durham office on 17 March 2022 and it is currently waiting to be checked.

All correctly completed applications are being processed within the timescales of the service you applied for, which is approximately 10 weeks for a replacement application.

This was a reply to an email I sent asking why it was still in processing nearly a month later….I sent my documents to Glasgow but now in Durham

nikki1075
    Participant

@diad-em I’m still waiting for approval. It changed to processing on 8th April but hasn’t been approved yet 🙄 it’s been 5.5 weeks now since I submitted the application

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by nikki1075.
    nikki1075
    Participant

@max1978 Did you need someone to confirm your identity because of a name change? I wasn’t asked to do any of that as part of my application but now I’m wondering if I should have!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by nikki1075.
    max1978
    Participant

Mine was also a renewal to replace lost passport on old surname

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

@nikki1075 did you find out why you got the “Document Received” text twice in the end? I also got a 2nd “Document Received” text a couple of weeks after the 1st one, but after numerous calls they still seem to think my application is with Peterborough.

diad-em
    Participant

@nikki1075 hoping it won’t be too much longer for you. Mine’s gone into the dreaded processing stage today so I am hoping I will be eligible for upgrade 2 weeks before or I won’t be going – can’t see it being processed and delivered in less than 5 weeks looking at other people’s timelines.

nikki1075
    Participant

@ndl.alex0608
    No I never found out. I’m guessing it’s the same reason other people said but I never called to ask what’s going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.