Change of name with passport renewal timeline

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Change of name with passport renewal timeline

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    nikki1075
    Participant

@diad-em
    What time did you call them? Everytime I try they just hang up. I’m not even able to wait on hold 🙄

What’s your timeline like? Hopefully your MP can help. It’s shitty feeling so powerless 🙄

adamk
    Participant

Just a tip, I’ve found that you get through to somebody much quicker on the phone by going through the “anything else” route (it’s the same people answering the phone, usually friendlier but that may be a coincidence)

Option 8 and then Option 3

Also asking if you can be transferred to the “customer service management team” once connected can help in urgent circumstances.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by adamk. Reason: Added detail
    diad-em
    Participant

I have gone through the option mentioned above the standard phone number then options 8 then 3. I applied 14th March, docs received a couple of weeks later, then second docs received and went to processing 20th April.

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

sounds very similar to ours (wedding 11th June, fly 13th early!), they signed for docs early March but not on tracker til early April 😳 my 2 year old sons new application went at same time and we got his back weeks ago! My fiancée has called many times and they were shocked been 9 weeks now with nothing, we will have to ring upgrade earlier as ours falls at start of jubilee week 😱

chelsey
    Participant

There’s an update regarding my application too. Unfortunately not the one I was looking for, but I guess it’s my own fault.

Two days ago a received a letter from the passport office in Liverpool.
    I’ve got dual citizenship. They sent me back my non-British passport, which was on the old name, with a letter that I have to change my name on it first before they can proceed with the application.

My British passport on my old name is still with them. So now I have to go through a very annoying process of changing my name on the other passport before I can do anything with the British one.

The only thing which annoys me is the fact that I had to wait over 2 months for them just to tell me they can’t issue me with a new passport 🤦‍♀️

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.