Change of name with passport renewal timeline

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Change of name with passport renewal timeline

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    nikki1075
    Participant

@diad-em
    That’s some progress!
    Unfortunately mine is still in the processing stage since 8th April but I guess the bank holidays slowed them down a little. Not sure how long other people had to wait for the processing stage to be completed.

It’s so frustrating knowing nothing – especially when they don’t even meet their own 5 week turn around time 🙄 it’s been over 6 weeks for me now. I plan to call them at 10 weeks if I still don’t have it because they say to allow up to 10 weeks.

diad-em
    Participant

My 10 weeks from application takes me up until the day before we fly 🙈 but now I’ve also read it can be 10 weeks from the processing stage. I so wish I had found this forum before I sent my standard application as i would have just gone fast track, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

max1978
    Participant

Thank you for your email about your passport application.

Our standard passport application is a non guaranteed service, however our estimated 10 week timescale is from when all supporting documents are scanned onto your application.

Non guaranteed & 10 weeks when All documents received. I’m assuming that means if any further documents needed it this will restart the 10 weeks

chelsey
    Participant

My horrendous timeline… Should I action it somehow? I can’t believe it’s taking so long…

Application being processed: 10:28am on 11 March 2022
    Documents received: 11:38am on 1 March 2022
    Application received: 8:57am on 17 February 2022
    Application Submitted: 8:57am on 17 February 2022

nikki1075
    Participant

@chelsey
    Tbh I would call or contact them through their contact form online. I don’t know if it’ll do anything but you might be able to get some kind of update. It’s been 8 weeks since they received your documents! That’s crazy it hasn’t been approved yet! Sorry it’s taking so long. It’s so disheartening when you see other people getting approved that applied after you 😭

diad-em
    Participant

@chelsey I would definitely be chasing if i were you. I’m going to try to call over the next couple of days to see where my application is being processed. I want to be ready to send an upgrade request as soon as I possibly can. I have read that people have been asked for further documentation weeks/months down the line which would make it very difficult or even impossible to upgrade if they are phoning 1-2 days before travel. It’s a joke!

cheebsmcgee
    Participant

Hello, @chelsey I would definitely try to chase it – it’s worth a call for sure. Some other people on here have had their MPs involved which could be an idea if you can’t get through to anyone. I hope everything gets sorted sooner rather than later for you!
    For reference, this is my timeline for the glasgow office (changing maiden name to married name).

Passport printed 5:04pm on 26 April 2022
    Application approved 2:57pm on 24 April 2022
    Documents received 8:24am on 21 April 2022
    Application received 10:05pm on 11 April 2022
    Application submitted 10:05pm on 11 April 2022

I read the guides for employees on the HMPO website and found out that the digitally approved ones go through a digital system with more basic checks whereas ones that are more complex cases e.g. need different documents go through manual checking which is the processing stage. Might be worth having a read through the online guides to see if you can find anymore information about how your specific application is being handled?

nikki1075
    Participant

@max1978
    How long did it take them to reply to your email? I sent an online request for information on Thursday and they say they’ll get back to you in 72 hours. It’s been a week now and still nothing 🙄

I can’t even get through to anyone on the phone. They just hang up because all the agents are busy. Doesn’t even give the option to stay on hold 😭

APositiveStory
    Participant

A positive story for name change and renewal if anyone needs one – I just got my passport in just under 3 weeks from online application to delivery. I had to send my documents to the Peterborough office. This was the timeline:

Application submitted 10 April
    Application received 10 April
    Documents received 20 April
    Application approved 24 April
    Delivered 29 April

Not sure why I got so lucky when loads of other people are waiting ages for straightforward renewals with no change, but it can happen! Good luck to all of you still waiting.

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

my partner is same, renewal and name change as getting married 11th June and fly 13th, done online and sent everything off early March (with my 2 year olds new application) was signed for but not put on tracker til early April, son’s passport (and docs sent) received weeks ago so panicking on hers as already 9 weeks since sent and still pending 😳 can do upgrade service at start of jubilee week, if they can match up pd2 form etc!

adamk
    Participant

Just adding my experience, I applied for renewal with name change in March. I travel on 11 June. I just received “application being processed” yesterday which I assume from what I read here means it’s going through manual checks.

Every time I call passport office for an update they have no idea and requesting a callback never happens. Apparently I can request a fast track two weeks before travel but based on my current experience I’m not feeling too confident about that one.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 4:47pm on 4 May 2022
    Documents received 3:41pm on 4 April 2022
    Application received 12:55am on 4 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:54am on 4 March 2022

nikki1075
    Participant

I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they finally replied yesterday. They said they received my application in Liverpool and it’s currently waiting to be checked 🙄🙄 said that they are currently processing within their timescales of approx 10 weeks. The way they worded it made it seem like the 10 weeks starts from the time it goes into processing 😭😭

My application has been in processing for 4 weeks now (over 8 weeks since application) and hasn’t even been looked at yet. I’m so frustrated by this whole thing because by the time it arrives I’ll be too pregnant to go 😭😭

universe2022
    Participant

Hi Nikki,
    could you please send me email address of liverpool office? many thanks

diad-em
    Participant

I phoned a couple of days ago, mine is apparently now being processed in Belfast. I have applied for my application to be expedited under compassionate grounds but this went to the Liverpool compassionate team as my docs went there. I did query this as surely it should be Belfast? – Still not heard anything regardless.

Tbh the stories I have read with regards to the compassionate team haven’t filled me with confidence so I think I will be requesting an upgrade come Tuesday anyway.

I am just in the process of emailing my MP to see if there is anything he can do to help.

nikki1075
    Participant

@universe2022
    I don’t have an email address but I filled out this online enquiry form. It says you’ll get a response within 72 hours but it took almost 2 weeks for them to reply to me.

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Passport_Enquiries.ofml

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.