Children’s renewals – need some positivity please

Home Forums COVID-19 Children’s renewals – need some positivity please

• This topic has 41 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by Should-have-fast-tracked.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    brm1
    Participant

We submitted our child’s renewal on the 8th September. Application history changed to adult processing on the 11th October. Due to fly on the 23rd Oct so looking at the timeline between processing and passport approved working out at around 20 days, no chance of it being here by this Friday on the 22nd… So I basically applied for a fast track on Saturday morning and travelled up to to Glasgow for the interview at 9am yesterday morning and gave them a withdrawal letter for the application that’s processing at Durham! So they have cancelled that application and I will get the passport before Monday. So still may miss the Saturday flight and have to buy a new flight next Monday!

yenifriend
    Participant

Brm1 when I called Durham they said I couldn’t do this as it takes 3 weeks to cancel?

brm1
    Participant

Hopefully it has worked for us. I followed the advice of what others had done (detailed on twitter feeds between them and the PO) who subsequently applied fast track, provided a withdrawal letter at the fast track interview and got their passports 3-4 days later. The lady who served me at the fast track in Glasgow said we will get the next passport by Monday next week at the latest. She said that most of her day is taken up with people having to do the same as me (cancel existing and go fast track).

highndry
    Participant

Let us know when you get yours brm1.

I applied Sep 21 with docs sent immediately special delivery. Took ’till Oct1 for them to acknowledge receipt. I’m thinking I might move to “approved” by next week – what do you reckon?

I did think about pulling out (upgrading) but despite reading countless Twitter replies to HMPO I didn’t see the one you are referring to and so thought I should just hold tight. Did you do Fastrack and select “lost” passport ? Or did you do premium and sort of say “HMPO has my passport” ?

brm1
    Participant

Hi, We were in a similar position. Submitted application on the 8th September. Went into processing on the 11th October and then reading through others timelines between processing and passport delivered dates it was averaging out at over 20 days. We are due to fly this Saturday 23rd so there was little chance it would arrive in time. Therefore i applied for a fast track and had to go to Glasgow from Newcastle on Monday 18th at 9am to submit the application. Took a withdrawal letter for the old application and gave it to the interviewer. She said she mark the application as a renewal and send the withdrawal letter to Durham (where the first application and old passport are held). She said i’d receive the passport by Monday 25th so pinning on hopes they will deliver quicker than the guaranteed 7 days. Subsequently my wife rang today to check on progress and they said the examiner looked at the application today and has requested a scanned copy of the front of my sons old passport from Durham. Therefore i have little hope that the scan will get to him quickly, passport printed and then delivered to me before 8pm this Friday night. If the interviewer had marked the passport as lost i’m unsure if this would of helped speed the process up or they may have checked on the system and realise it’s not lost and in Durham. Such a messy and frustrating time. Heart breaking for the kids and to loose over £2500 as insurance won’t pay out unless one of us gets COvid!

Sadie1982
    Participant

Hi,
    I am going out of my mind so if anybody can help?!

We sent two child renewals off on 21/9 they received on the 23rd. We are due to travel on Sunday, but despite hours on hold they still have not been checked at the Liverpool office.

I logged a complaint because on Tuesday I was told that they were at the printing stage, only to be told on Wednesday that that was a mistake and they have still not even been looked at!

Every call takes 2 hours and they are so useless.

Any help or ideas of what I can do? I could rebook our flight to Wednesday of next week as a last resort but they still won’t guarantee it will be looked at by then.

I know it’s my fault for not fast tracking, but my passport came back in under 3 weeks! I’m so stressed. X

123cooper
    Participant

Going insane if someone could please help, application submitted on 1st October for child’s renewal, documents received 12th October. Haven’t heard anything since and travelling on November 9th. Does anyone know if it will be here in time ??? Tried ringing the petersborough office and no answer, please someone help is there any way of contacting them or finding out information🙏🙏or any alternatives to soeee it up , please reply!!

123cooper
    Participant

Going insane if someone could please help, application submitted on 1st October for child’s renewal, documents received 12th October. Haven’t heard anything since and travelling on November 9th. Does anyone know if it will be here in time ??? Tried ringing the petersborough office and no answer, please someone help is there any way of contacting them or finding out information or any alternatives to speed it up , please reply!!

highndry
    Participant

Here’s some positivity. Passport Approved !!!

Application approved 3:21pm on 21 October 2021
    Documents received 10:17am on 1 October 2021
    Application received 7:52pm on 21 September 2021
    Application submitted 7:52pm on 21 September 2021

Looks like Sadie applied on tyhe same day as me but surely it took more than 2 days for documents received stage? Hopefully you’ll get yours asap.

Of course I shouldn’t count my chickens as need to jump the TNT hurdle….

NervousWreck
    Participant

Thank you that gives me some hope. I’m still waiting with the application in process status. Does TNT deliver the next day? I’m holing it gets approved today and sent tomorrow as we fly Saturday I’m having a mental break down waiting! Good luck everyone

NervousWreck
    Participant

123Cooper From what I have seen on this site child renewals have been completed within 4 weeks but some haven’t. Could get in touch via Twitter, the agents seem to respond on there and may be able to log your travel date. However the waiting times on the website have changed from week ending 10th October so I would request documents to be returned and reapply via fast track. Good luck. I feel your pain! I am still waiting due to fly Saturday 😩😭

highndry
    Participant

I can’t believe it. 3 hours after that I got the message it has been printed and sent out.

So in theory it could arrive tomorrow which is just crazy since a few hours ago I was thinking in terms of weeks. BUT I’m still assuming it will be early next week. Does TNT deliver passports on the weekend anyone know??

I’m sort of lucky in that I don’t have expensive tickets or time off from work riding on it but I haven’t seen my 4 year olds who live abroad for too long. I only came back to the UK to “quickly” get a new passport. I’m kicking myself for not checking how long it would take…

If anyone cares, I’ll update if (touch wood) and when it arrives. Good luck to all !!!

NervousWreck
    Participant

High dry: that’s great news and so quick from approved to print and sent you have given me some hope now! Iv asked my local MP if they could help which kindly phoned the Hm passport office and were told the same thing that I have ie it’s in process! 🤷🏻‍♀️ I already knew that from the tracking page!so frustrating. Please keep us posted with your delivery. Thanks

kazii321
    Participant

Hi Sadie, I called the Liverpool office and I told them I’ve sent my sons application off to The Bootle office and the lady said the Liverpool offices are very busy however she did note my intended travel dates. Give em a try, they answered fairly quickly. Anyone else need the number, Here:
    0300 123 1973

holding my breath
    Participant

I’ve received mine today thank god

Application sent 21/09
    Received old passport 28/09
    Reviewed and rejected photo 18/10
    Rejected photo again 20/10
    Accepted photo approved 21/10
    I have his renewal 22/10

Contact via Twitter and keep ringing them. I really hope you guys manage to get them in time.
    I explained I’m travelling Monday and just really expressed how imperative it was which I doubt made a difference fingers crossed for you guys xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.