Children’s renewals – need some positivity please

Home Forums COVID-19 Children’s renewals – need some positivity please

• This topic has 41 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by Should-have-fast-tracked.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    highndry
    Participant

Well, seems like my roll of good luck is running out. Just missed the cut off (by minutes I reckon) for TNT delivery today. It took nearly 24 hours for them to put my reference on their system and its now showing Monday delivery. Oh well, if it arrives then just 3 more days to wait until I can book my tickets to see my family….

userleft
    Spectator

Highbury
    Find out which FedEx/TNT depot the passport is with HMPO and go and get it. That’s what I did or had to do and I took my passport and driving licences as proof of identity. They just need a consignment number which you can find online with your PEX number x

highndry
    Participant

Peterborough. If your passport got approved on Sunday or before (I think they do work Sundays or some of them do) I guess its technically possible it might just arrive on Monday or maybe as marchants said you might be able to pick it up from their depot.

Marchants, good idea but I’ll probably see what Monday brings as every day counts but I’ve waited this long a couple more days I can wait without clogging up the phone lines.

Shame they can’t let Amazon sort it – it would have been here yesterday…. There’s no doubt at all I would have paid another hundred quid to have got this done in 2 days if I’d known about these delays.

overthemoon
    Participant

Here’s my timeline for 2 straightforward child renewals

Applications received- 24/09/21
    Documents received- 04/10/21 (posted on 26/09 to Bootle)

Application approved- 23/10/21 and 24/10/21 in the order of when the documents were logged (3 hours apart)

This seems to support the observation that straightforward applications placed in the digital queue tend to get checked and approved on the 20th day from when the documents are matched to the application.

Since I had no updates after the 4th and we are due to travel on the 29th, I’ve been ringing the contact centre pretty much daily over the past week. The trick to get through is to start ringing 2 mins before the lines open at 8 am so you join the queue early. By doing this you’ll roughly wait 15-30 mins to talk to someone unlike 60 mins+ (if at all) at other times.

Having spoken to several people, some more helpful than the others, I’m not sure to what extent this helped. The agent you first speak to would generally repeat the info you already know from online tracking so you should request to speak to the processing department (this entails a further 30-40 min wait). They did put several notes on my applications to flag that we had travel booked so the combined weight of half a dozen notes may well have caught the eye of the examiners. I was advised that they are processing applications at weekends now due to high demand and this is confirmed by the fact that both my applications were approved over the weekend.

I also filled out the online contact form and DMed their Twitter account- they do respond to all messages, if only to say there is nothing they could do.

I’m not counting my chickens yet as the passports haven’t been printed and sent but I’m more hopeful of getting away on the 29th than I’ve been over the past 2 weeks.

For those in a similar position, I’d say if your application is straightforward and has been placed in the digital queue (lack of a ‘processing’ stage under online tracking) in Liverpool, chances are they’ll be approved on the 20th day from the receipt of documents but do give them a ring to nag.

highndry
    Participant

Shame you can’t “like” posts on here as that was a really good one OTM. Did you get the “printed and sent out” update a few hours later? Maybe its different at the weekend.

Think I agree about the “processing” stage. If you hit that you’re gonna have some days or weeks added on to the total time.

My passport is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I wish I knew for 100% if they would post it through the letterbox if no answer. Details like this are important for some people – why don’t they make it clear?

lianne888
    Participant

Highlanddry when did your passport arrive after being sent… I have two passports sent on Friday but there is no tracking showing for them 3 days later and TNT are saying they don’t have them 😫😫

highndry
    Participant

Think you _might_ be ok. My “passport sent” notification came on Thursday about 6pm.
    Nothing the next working day Friday until about 4pm when it showed on the TNT system. Then got a couple of scans with last being Saturday early morning it being delivered to local depot.

Monday was out for delivery (and don’t want to rub it in as I started getting jealous reading of other people get theirs which is ridiculous I know….) but got the bugger 1pm today – no knock on door just pushed through letterbox which is good.

If yours follows that timescale then presumably it would be added on to the TNT system some time later today and hopefully delivered tomorrow.

Now off to buy my flights and might treat myself to business class after all this bloody waiting ….. 😎

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by highndry.
    Leanne4123
    Participant

This is my time line for a child’s renewal…..

Application history
    StatusDate
    Passport printed and sent 8:52am on 27 October 2021
    Application approved 9:34am on 26 October 2021
    Documents received 11:43am on 6 October 2021
    Application received 11:21am on 25 September 2021
    Identity details received 11:21am on 25 September 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:22am on 24 September 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:18am on 24 September 2021
    Application submitted 10:18am on 24 September 2021

I received it via TNT on Friday 29th Oct, so 24 days from them receiving my documents and 36 days from submitting my application

DraconUK
    Participant

Hi all, this is a timeline for my daughter’s renewal:

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application approved 10:40am on 10 November 2021
    Documents received 10:26am on 24 October 2021
    Application received 8:12pm on 19 October 2021
    Identity details received 8:12pm on 19 October 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:54pm on 19 October 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:51pm on 19 October 2021
    Application submitted 7:51pm on 19 October 2021

As you can see I only received the approval a few minutes ago and looking forward to receiving her passport in the next few days!

mminers
    Participant

Hi

Also looking for some positivity. I should have fast tracked and am so stupid. I had no idea it would take this long. And what is more annoying is that I realised that where we are going they would have accepted his passport with under six months on it.

Sent on 19 jan
    Docs received on 28 jan
    – anyone think we might get it back by 14 feb?

Also I don’t have the same surname as my son and am reading some posts that say there looks like there may be a delay with requesting more info. Has anyone got info on this?

Many thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.