Hemel – missing Special Delivery documents?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Hemel – missing Special Delivery documents?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    ft247
    Participant

Has anyone else here experienced a massive delay in Hemel receiving their Special Delivery documents?

I know they’re normally marking documents as received within 7 days, recently that has been as low as 5 days.

Mine show as delivered there on the 30th Nov, over 3 weeks ago, and they still aren’t showing as received. There’s another person on the immigration forums who had their documents ‘delivered’ on the 28th Nov and theirs haven’t been received either.

It feels to me like a bag of mail has gone missing, but I have no way to prove that or get anyone to investigate without knowing there are others in the same position. Please post here if this sounds like you.

highet
    Participant

Same here – foolishly I sent my daughter’s passport to HH by 1st class not tracked on 6th December – as we renewed 2 passports thro HH in spring, both in about 3 weeks when demand was higher, I assumed things would go quickly but we’re now on 23rd and still nothing on the tracker to say her old passport has been received!! Lots of other stuff posted at the same time was delivered within a couple of days !! As were supposed to go away on 21st Jan and I can’t imagine much will happen over the next two weeks I’m getting a bit twitched !! Doesn’t help as we cant even check in for flights online without her passport !!

highet
    Participant

Message from HH at 930 this morning (29th) to say documents received and further message less than an hour later saying approved and gone for printing – that’s just over 3 weeks since old passport was posted 1st class – hopefully new one should arrive shortly

JDean
    Participant

I sent my sons (from KSA) and was delivered (UPS confirmation and signed for by a Stuart) on 5th December but despite this have no updates on our application.

ft247
    Participant

Interesting JDean, perhaps there is a pile of unopened post somewhere in Hemel. Very concerning if so. You’d think there would just be a queue, first in first out.

ft247
    Participant

A friend has just renewed their passport via Hemel. Old passport delivered (Special Delivery) on the 29th and receipt acknowledged today 3rd January. That’s only a two working day delay between receipt and acknowledgement.

swandive45
    Participant

Hi there, also in the same boat.

Posted my damaged passport special delivery, signed for by HH on the 14th of December but no update on the tracker as of yet. Getting kind of frustrating as it’s like when do I just call it a day and try and cancel to fast-track to avoid waiting what could be potentially forever. Going to call today and mention that a number of us are in the same boat and would like some kind of update please :/

ft247
    Participant

Hi swandive45,

Would you be happy to share some more details from your Special Delivery tracking?

My unacknowledged envelope was scanned as ‘delivered’ just after 0700 with a name of ‘Passport Office’. The signature reads ‘DWS’ i.e. delivered without signature.

A friend’s envelope, which was acknowledged within 2 working days, was scanned around 0945 with a name and proper signature.

The only other thing I can think of is that my envelope contained a lot of supporting documents as it was a non-standard application. Whether a damaged passport enters the same ‘complicated’ queue is not something I know.

Best of luck.

swandive45
    Participant

Hi ft247,

Mine was also DWS delivered quarter to 7am

Guessing its entered the same part of the mail room (if it has haha) that’s either been misplaced or just not looked at yet.

Best

swandive45
    Participant

Have they updated your case to urgent yet?

They mentioned that at the start of next week it would be considered an urgent case though I’m not sure what that means

Did they do the same for you?

Thanks

swandive45
    Participant

Starting to get suspicious of Royal Mail as the tracking goes like this:

Wednesday 14 December 2022
    06:44
    Delivered and Signed
    Home Counties North DO
    06:24
    Arrived at
    Home Counties North DO
    04:11
    Arrived at
    Home Counties North MC

— Does it really only take 20 minutes from arriving at the DO to being signed for with no signature by the HH passport office? I don’t think.

Calling them today to make sure it’s actually been delivered lol, will update.

swandive45
    Participant

Ok- sorry to spam information but I figure it is probably useful to a few people in the same position.

I called Royal Mail and they said the gps location of where the signature was accepted was roughly 1.5 Miles away from the passport office. (Wtf haha)
    They said I could get a full refund of the application if I need to start again as they lost it.

So have now reported it as lost, and if it turns up at HH then no worries they’ll continue as normal, but for now they’re updating my application to the replacement of a lost passport. Will update

JDean
    Participant

I may try call UPS just to confirm exact delivery location. Passport office said my case has been handed to missing document team, I just want to know where it is, bit worried some random bloke has all my personal information and my wife and sons!

ft247
    Participant

It seems Hemel have now found the envelope, five weeks after it was supposedly delivered.

Whether the blame lies with Royal Mail or HMPO I will never know, but I’m glad the documents haven’t been lost, they would have been a pain to replace.

Best of luck all.

JDean
    Participant

How did you discover they’d found it, did you ring or was it just updated?

Hoping it is the same with mine eventually, now 4 weeks and a bit since they received it according to UPS. Maybe some boff in the office put them under his coffee cup and forgot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.