Hemel – missing Special Delivery documents?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Hemel – missing Special Delivery documents?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    palamon
    Participant

Is anybody else having sent their passport and documents to Hemel stuck on ‘documents received’…? I’ve been waiting on an update since January 10th following sending in an old passport and a deed poll for name change. Slightly frustrating that people seem to have applied last week and received new passports already… can anybody offer insight or advice?

deeraz
    Participant

Well I got my old passport back with the corner snipped off today. I had thought they send the old passport back first before sending your new one, but hey ho, maybe it was always like that.

JDean
    Participant

Have you been given any update on this?

ft247
    Participant

Hi JDean,

It sounds like the same thing happened to us both.

After getting my MP involved my documents were marked as ‘received’ in early January and the process was smooth from then, approval a week later and printing/delivery quickly afterwards.

The real clue came when, 3 full weeks after passport approval, I got an email from Royal Mail advising that my documents were on the way back. The envelope was received by RM in Northern Ireland – so somehow, the documents ended up in HMPO Belfast. I called to query this and was told my application was processed in Liverpool!

So they asked me to send documents to Hemel for an application being processed in Liverpool, and somehow they ended up in Belfast. Who knows how many times they went around that circle and how many additional stops were made…

Things I learned were:
    -something in the document receiving/scanning side of things is terribly designed.
    -once HMPO get to the business of actually examining your application they are reasonably efficient.
    -printing and delivery are very efficient.
    -if it’s going wrong, get your MP involved – the call centre’s promises to escalate things and carry out searches are essentially worthless.

Best of luck all.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.