Manual processing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    SBen2210
    Participant

It really isn’t clear at all. My passport had expired but I lost it when we moved earlier this year. Only by chance by looking at forums like this that I found out I had to report it as lost (even though it had expired) and applied for a replacement on the same day. Luckily the cancellation reference number came through in a couple of days, but even then after only doing a bit of digging, I read that some people had to then contact HMPO to provide the cancellation ref. so that it could be linked to the replacement application as apparently it doesn’t always pull through their end. Keeping my fingers crossed otherwise my other half will be going solo to a wedding in Poland in July!

davbell87
    Participant

Got out cancellation ref 2 weeks after reporting it.

On week 6 of application phoned to ask of this was on my application (due to info on the forums). It wasn’t, so staff added it on.

2 weeks on, application is still in processing. Providing the number doesn’t seem to have moved it along at all!

swm1982
    Participant

Hi all,
    Ive just managed to get through to someone on web chat, as my daughters application has been in “processing” for a few weeks now.
    I was assured that the application is currently with an examiner and being processed, and to check back again later. I was told it shouldn’t be too much longer.
    Has anyone else been told this before on web chat? Can I be optimistic that it’s actually with an examiner now?

swm1982
    Participant

And…… it’s now approved!!

If anyone can get through on web chat it’s worth doing, got approval about 1hr after chatting with them!

davbell87
    Participant

I didn’t have much luck on web chat… spoke to them this morning and no movement. Whenever I quizzed what was happening I just got standard reponses saying they are unable to see exactly when it will be looked at and how much longer …. Maybe I got a jobs worth lol

swm1982
    Participant

It does just seem like pot luck depending on who you get through to.
    My daughters was in processing for 2 weeks, I’m feeling lucky that I’ve got it approved so soon.

davbell87
    Participant

We have been on processing for 8 weeks now… fly in 3 weeks time so getting twitchy!

swm1982
    Participant

I’d genuinely try web chat again if you can. I told them I was getting anxious and they asked me what date I was travelling, I told them and they said they’d stick a note on the application, it must have done the trick.
    Good luck I Hope you get sorted soon.

SBen2210
    Participant

So an update – I got through to someone on webchat this morning to see if I could get some form of update after providing my lost passport reference three weeks ago so it could be linked to my replacement application. Was told three weeks ago that an alert will be put on my replacement application so the passport officer would be aware – today I’ve been told that it’s not even in examination yet as part of “processing” stage, so there isn’t even a passport officer allocated to it and that they can’t see anywhere that the person I spoke to 3 weeks ago has even emailed the passport office that my application has gone to. Very frustrating!

pclem0003
    Participant

Honestly not sure if the only people that come on this forum, are ones that are still waiting, so there’s a bias?

You hardly ever read of anyone making it through processing without having to go the upgrade route. I see only one in this particular thread!!

It’s crazy.

Rajux1
    Participant

I am nearly reach 10 weeks .
    Mine on proceesing stage, I hope it will be resolved soon.
    Anyone received your passport after 10 weeks time fram.
    Thanks

thewaitinggame
    Participant

Through applying for a passport this month and seeing all the updates from people I would say that 90% of the time ‘processing’ means there’s an issue with the passport and it’s likely put in a pile for manual processing. The passport office don’t know if or when you’re going on holiday, so these passports aren’t triaged or prioritised. Getting in touch with them seems the best way to get them picked out and worked on, otherwise you’re just depending on someone to work their way through the pile and to get to yours. So Definitely get in touch with them if you’re on holiday soon, and if you applied 6+ or 10+ weeks ago you have a good case to push for priority.

Eagles6
    Participant

Not always. I spoke with progress team 2 weeks ago who said there was no issue and the photo was fine, I just had to wait. Still waiting and now 10 weeks since submitted –

Robi
    Participant

12 weeks yesterday since submitted my application

20/04 went into processing phase

so yeah

Rajux1
    Participant

Anyone waiting their passport morethan 10 weeks.
    Application being processed.
    Please update yours.
    Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.