Manual processing

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    frustrated84
    Participant

Hello I have two first child passports which I applied for on March 18th, took a month for documents to be recieved then processing since 29th April. For some reason today the tracking has gone back to documents recieved 19th April and the processing line has vanished. Has this happened to anyone else? Could this mean they’re finally being looked at?

Dan7
    Participant

Hi all

Has anybody else’s status change when they were in manual processing? Previously my status was ‘application being progressed’, however now it has reverted to ‘we’ve received your old passport’.

Has this happened to anybody else?

frustrated84
    Participant

Looks like a lot of people have the same problem was hoping this was a positive sign but could be just a system error!

itsashambles
    Participant

We’re at ten weeks and the ‘processing’ has also disappeared from our tracking

Dan7
    Participant

I imagine they’re getting fed up of our (reasonable) question of why do some take so long when others are approved instantly!

manwamp
    Participant

I submitted my passport application on 27 March, documents received 19 April and in processing from 5 May. I am due to go on holiday at the end of July.

For the past month I have escalated to the Progress Team on average 1-2 a week and they sent internal emails to Durham to escalate. No updates. I have also been emailing my MP on a weekly basis and he has been raising with the Home Office. Again, no updates. I am aware that you can only escalate if you are within 2 weeks of travel which for me is cutting it very fine.

What I did was to go onto the Ryanair website and book a random flight (to Germany in my case) for the beginning of July. It cost less than £10. I then escalated to the Progress Team and said that a) my application was > 10 weeks and b) I was travelling in less than two weeks. The next day I got a call from a very cheery sounding official at Durham who said that he was approving my request and he was calling to put my mind at ease. My passport should be with me in 3-4 days. In the end they didn’t ask for proof of travel.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.