Manual processing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    davbell87
    Participant

Submitted in March 23 (11 weeks)
    Moved to processing March 31 (10 weeks)

On June 04 was upgraded to fast track due to flights.

08 June still sat in processing and no further along despite being upgraded.

Cat22
    Participant

Applied March 29 for renewal
    April 5th went to processing
    Read on here we would need to cancel the expired one as it was lost May 19
    Never got a lost reference
    Applied for upgrade on Sat 4 June
    Application approved Monday 6 June
    Printed Wednesday 8th of June (10 weeks 1 day)
    Flights booked for 18th June. Waiting delivery.
    I think they saw the upgrade email and figured it was one they could push through in time. Wish we had emailed sooner

Harlem
    Participant

Application Update for info

Applied 31/3
    Old passport received 1/4
    Processing since 7/4

Nothing for next 9 weeks

Suddenly after nothing all that time update yesterday morning approved….2 hours later updated printing…..sending to dispatch.

Shocked to receive today. 24 hrs later?,,,

Will add did pay the extra £5 for faster postage all those weeks ago.
    Also received old and new same envelope????
    End result bang on 10wk today since applied….almost like after all waiting was pushed out to fit 10wk statitstics.

Good luck to all hope you finally get yours too. A planning nightmare not knowing how long it takes….especially as not always date order compared to other people’s updates.

Cat22
    Participant

Out for delivery today. No text but found out by looking on the TNT website.
    Driver didn’t even attempt delivery. Having to try and convince them to turn around and come back. They should contract out with Amazon delivery drivers – never had a failed delivery with them. So angry right now.

Upsidedown
    Participant

First adult passport, overseas application. Been in processing since 14 April (application submitted 18 February). It appears someone took issue with a birth certificate (which had previously been accepted for another UK passport application) (and had also incidentally been accepted for an Australian passport application). They also wanted the document used to arrive in Australia (not possible as it was a parent’s passport 50 years ago). Because this latter document no longer exists we were advised to send a letter, this was received 24 May according to tracking. On 30 May we received a reminder email threatening to cancel the application if letter was not received. This time there was an email address to reply to and we emailed a copy of the letter and a statement that the letter had already arrived there and been signed for. Since then there have been no updates or further contact.

davbell87
    Participant

UPDATE

Applied 25 March
    Processing 31 March
    Upgraded 04 June
    Approved 09 June

After several phone calls finally spoke to someone today in Customer Management who was diagnosed ally able to help and got us approved.

Suggest calling 0300 105 0850 to get direct to this team rather than general advice.

Robi
    Participant

Application approved 2:32pm on 9 June 2022
    Application being processed 10:37am on 20 April 2022
    Documents received 9:44am on 25 March 2022
    Application received 12:42pm on 10 March 2022
    Identity details received 12:41pm on 10 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:20pm on 10 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:13pm on 10 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:13pm on 10 March 2022

Rajux1
    Participant

I need to get Belfast passport office contact email.
    Please anyone can help this.
    Thank you.

davbell87
    Participant

Rajux1 I would assume it was belfastupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

cb123
    Participant

Adult lost/stolen replacement application done online (standard application, no fast track).
    Reported lost/stolen online first, cancellation reference was then given which you then have to use when filling in the online replacement application (so if you do it like this in this order, there is no need to call and link the two as some posters have mentioned, it gets done automatically). I did not call or message HMPO at all during this process, the results are below.

Application submitted: 4.16pm on 29 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 4.16pm on 29 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 4.40pm on 29 March 2022
    Identity details received: 4.52pm on 29 March 2022
    Application being processed: 1.56pm on 5 April 2022
    Application approved: 8.22am on 5 June 2022 (Sunday bank holiday weekend!)
    Passport printed: 9.57pm on 7 June 2022
    Passport delivered (by DHL): 9 June 2022 (I received an email/text from DHL on morning of 9 June informing me of their intention to deliver it late afternoon the same day – so no prior day notification. Interestingly, they state someone needs to be in to sign for it, but they didn’t ring the bell, they just stuck it half in-half out of the letterbox, left it like that, and took a picture of it. No-one signed for it!)

Total of 10 weeks and 2 days from application to delivery.

Rajux1
    Participant

I applied my first passport 28th March (two applications)
    I did online chat twise and I did speak with them today (I was waiting 30 minutes) where they person told me that he is going to put a note.
    I am very surprised as I got approval update today for both of us at 5.27pm and 7.21pm today.
    Many thanks to the forum.
    😊

davbell87
    Participant

Passports finally delivered today! 6 days ahead of our travel to can finally enjoy the countdown!

Applied March 25
    Application being processed March 31
    Application upgraded June 04
    Application Approved June 09
    Application Printed June 10
    Application Delivered June 11

Thanks for everyone’s help and advice!

Good luck, hope you all get sorted!

Harlem
    Participant

Hi #davbell87
    Pleased for you. Seems we were all around the same time in the forgotten pile. End march era.
    Hopefully others who been waiting unfair amounts of time get theirs too now.

shpaghetts
    Participant

Wanted to add one more to the forgotten March/April piles getting sorted now. Hopefully this will give some hope to those who are in the same boat. Good luck everyone.

Type: First Adult passport after Naturalisation
    Passport Office: HMPO Peterborough
    Online application submitted: 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 24 March 2022
    Identity details received: 24 March 2022
    Documents sent: 28 March 2022
    Documents delivered by Royal Mail: 29 March 2022
    Documents confirmed received by HMPO: 06 April 2022, again on 03 May 2022
    Application being processed: 05 May 2022
    Application approved: 11 June 2022

Upsidedown
    Participant

Husband just got off the phone with HMPO and apparently his application is now with an examiner. No word on how long till approval though.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.