New Upgrade details ……

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Upgrade details ……

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    passportproblems
    Participant

I have been given the london details to upgrade. I’ve not heard anything back yet. Anyone had any success?

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi all,

Wanted to update you on our application – feel free to click on my responses to see our specific situation.

Timeline:

Passport Recieved: 13 April 2022
    Passport printed: 12 April 2022
    Application approved: 12 April 2022
    Application being processed: 11 March 2022
    Documents internally sent to Durham: 05 March 2022
    Documents received (to peterbourgh): 28 February 2022
    Old Passport recorded as being delivered: 18 February 2022
    Application received: 17 February 2022
    Application submitted: 17 February 2022

Incredibly stressfull process. Multiple calls to HMPO to be told different things. We even contacted our MP.

Finally got told after calling on 6th April to write a letter explaning damage to the passport, as all replacement applications require a description of how the damaged occured regardless of doing it on the online application. When I asked why I was not previously told he said no-one had actually looked at the passport application by that point. We got told about the new upgrade process on that day to get passport fast tracked as we were traveling within two weeks.

We got a call from an examiner on the 11th April, he gave us a choice as he was about to approve the application normally. He could approve it to go to central print (with all the delays about two weeks) or pay for the ‘upgrade’ and the would print locally like all fast tracked appointments. We paid the extra amount (around £70).

My advice would be to keep trying to call HMPO we ended up getting in touch with a VERY helpful chap from the customer service management team who told us about the letter and what exactly to write. I think our application was always going to get ‘looked at’ on the 11th, so was really lucky we had sent the additional letter stating the damage and we intend to upgrade the application.

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Hi Tillybobs how is your upgrade going? Did you use the usual telephone number and how many times did they cut you off? Thanks. Fingers crossed.

Tillybobs
    Participant

I haven’t heard anything back from the upgrade. I got through to the processing number straight away Sat morning. On that call she just gave me the email address that I needed to send my details too. Unfortunately now all 3 have been approved so I don’t think I can upgrade.

aimeejoy89
    Participant

I’ve called today the agent said the application was with the examiner and we should stay close to the phone. She also said examiners have been calling up to 9:30 of an evening. Not sure how true this is, either way I’m stuck to the phone.
    Once the examiner calls payment is taken and the application is approved printed and despatched the following day for next day delivery. Given we travel on 18th we’re really clutching at straws but holding on to any slightest bit of hope right now.

Nixxi92
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything from the upgrade service following the email sent. I’m starting to lose hope.

aimeejoy89
    Participant

I lost hope big time today I broke down to the agent on the phone. We travel 18th April (this Monday) and not one person has got back to us referencing the upgrade.they initially had our travel details 5th April the day they rejected our fast track in person by not taking our withdrawal letter. I discovered we had been given the wrong email a week after and got the details over to the correct email 11th April I have today finally made peace with the idea it’s not going to happen. Just wish they wouldn’t suggest there’s hope where there isn’t any. We’ve been in limbo for 2 weeks but had they of told us early on the upgrade wasn’t possible I could of made alternative travel arrangements but now I’m left with no choice but to lose my holiday. I’ve had zero correspondence zero support and zero contact. They’ve had my money for an online application a fast track application and had me travel 3 hours north for an appointment backed up with the wrong advice given by an agent. I’ve had absolutely nothing in return I’ve not moved forward in anyway, It’s been relentlessly traumatic.

passportproblems
    Participant

@nixxi92

I emailed london on Monday and Durham on Wednesday. I had been told to email my local office and then told I should have emailed the office with my application.

I’ve heard nothing from either. I was told it won’t happen over the bank holidays. Hopefully I’ll hear on Tuesday 🤞🏻

thegoogly
    Participant

Anybody had any luck with this new upgrade service?

I’m still waiting for a phone call from the upgrade team. More than 4 days now… Due to travel in less than a week.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by thegoogly.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.