Newport

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    baynton01
    Participant

@annies how did you contact your local MP please? I’ve sent an email but wondered if there is another way
    Thanks

mrsmc
    Participant

newport are apparently currently processing the 23rd march

Cariad94
    Participant

Oooh, that’s the date I applied. Will let you know if I hear anything today or tomorrow

mrsmc
    Participant

we are the 24th, fingers crossed

Shellyjane
    Participant

Will update when it moves.

Application Submitted – 01/04/2022
    Ask Someone to Confirm your Identity – 01/04/2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity – 02/04/2022
    Identity details received – 03/04/2022
    Application being processed – 08/04/2022

Cariad94
    Participant

Anyone had any joy with Newport recently? Mine went into processing on 30th March, just wondering how long they’re taking

jgreenidge85
    Participant

Hi, has anyone had any success with Newport office, they have had my application for over 10 weeks now? has anyone had any successful upgrades?

Cariad94
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to be many of us at Newport! I’ve been waiting 5 weeks for a lost passport. What seems to be your hold up?

jgreenidge85
    Participant

APPLIED ON THE 28/2/22 RENEWAL/NAMECHANGE
    DOCUMENTS SENT ON THE 28/2/22
    SIGNED FOR ON THE 4/3/22
    SCANNED ON THE SYSTEM ON THE 29/4/22
    BEEN IN PRCOESSING EVER SINCE

IT ORIGINALY WENT TO THE BOTTLE OFFICE BUT WAS SENT TO NEWPORT AS THEY HAD SHORTAGES.

EVERY ADVISOR I GET IS EITHER HELPFUL OR NOT BUT THEY ALL CANT DO ANYTHING BUT LEAVE MESSAGES.

THEY ALL SAY YOU CAN UPGRADE TWO WEEKS BEFORE TRAVEL AT A COST, BUT TODAY THE LADY SAID THERE WOULD BE NO COST AS THEY HAD HAD IT FOR A LONGTIME, BUT I CANT REQUEST UNTIL 2 WEEKS BEFORE TRAVEL.

Cariad94
    Participant

Surely you can push for it to be expedited now as they’ve had it so long? I would keep emailing them asking them to prioritise due to the length of time you’ve been waiting

jgreenidge85
    Participant

TRUST ME I HAVE RANG THEM ALMOST EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST WEEK, THEY HAVE ASKED A MANAGER AT THE NEWPORT OFFICE TO CALL ME, IF I DONT GETA REPLY TODAY I WILL CALL AGAIN. DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS?

Cariad94
    Participant

Only the ‘contact us’ form via the website. Good luck! Let us know how you get on

Panda24
    Participant

Hi my childs renewal passport has been stuck in Newport processing since 22nd March. With all the bank holidays coming up I am beginning to loose hope that it will be returned to us in time.Has anyone had any luck with the upgrade option 2 weeks before travel? Thanks

anngeorge
    Participant

Here’s my timeline for an adult passport renewal sent to Newport. I had only sent my old passport on the 21st of April as I needed it for my Easter holiday. We returned on the 20th of April.

Passport printed 1:11pm on 4 May 2022
    Application approved 3:50pm on 3 May 2022
    Documents received 12:39pm on 29 April 2022
    Delayed to send old passport due to needing it for Easter holiday abroad. Passport only sent on the 21st of April
    Application received 6:25pm on 9 April 2022
    Application submitted 6:25pm on 9 April 2022

Fingers crossed it is delivered soon

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by anngeorge.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by anngeorge.
    FSH123
    Participant

Just had a child renewal from the Newport office completed/delivered in 15 days
    applied online 26.4, documents sent on 29th April – new passport received today.

Was a standard renewal, communication and service from the office was excellent.

I was a bit stressed with the horror stories in the press, but they seem to be doing a great job at present.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.