10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Grumpy
    Participant

@Upsidedown thank you for replying. Hopefully reassuring that proof of travel not required after 10 weeks. I got a bit cheeky and emailed the expedited team (silly of me) it’s only 8 weeks. I got this standard acknowledgment:
    “We can only consider expediting an application if you submitted your application at least 10 weeks ago.”
    I will try again on 3rd August. Doesn’t give me much time though! I’m not hopeful that we are going to get the passport in time to book a holiday Darent tell my daughter! It’s sooooo frustrating when other people I know have had theirs within a fortnight. I just don’t get it.

sussexplum
    Participant

thanks @Upsidedown.
    I’ve checked the TNT website and there’s a section for tracking passports. I put the postcode in and the application number and it looks as though it may arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

HarlynB
    Participant

It seems people are having different experiences….I applied for my sons first passport 13 weeks ago via post office digital check and send. Documents put on their system 03/05.
    I asked for it to be expedited once I was over 10 weeks on 30/06, was given the email address and told me NOT to put my travel date in (22/08) as they would reject as not in 2 weeks time but they would consider as over 10 weeks and would hopefully at least get it looked at, rcvd auto reply straight away. Rcvd a reply 3/06 to say they have forwarded my application details to one of our examination teams to progress as soon as possible…heard nothing to date! Most people seem to hear back quite quickly so iv thought there was an issue.
    When I tracked my application at exactly 12 weeks (what they class as 10 weeks as docs rcvd/put on system),it advertises that you are eligible to expedite but only if you travel in next 2 weeks. I’ve emailed upgrade as I’m willing to pay to get it, no reply. Spent hours on the phone being passed around to eventually be told by progress team that it definitely hadn’t been expedited and that they won’t expedite until 2 weeks before travel, confirmed it had not been picked up by an examiner, no updates since 03/05, that’s it’s not a guaranteed service and that even if I go to a passport office 48hrs before with proof of our holiday, still may not get it. I have been waiting for 3 call backs from customer service management team, supposed to be in 48hours nothing. Anyone I have spoken to cannot help. Have highlighted my experience to MP, But he just sent a generic letter to HMPO and won’t expect a reply for 20 working days. We are hoping that we will be able to move our holiday to next year as I fear it will not arrive and we will lose all our money.

HarlynB
    Participant

Hi Jezzreal, sorry you are having a similar experience. Not sure where you live, but I travelled to Belfast regularly before covid as FIL lives Newry and you don’t need a passport if are in the UK as its classed as internal flight, same with Newquay, not sure if you live in UK? Just may be another excuse for them not to issue… good luck, hope you get yours soon 🙂

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

@upsidedown As a fellow ex pat I would like to thank you for input into this fora as it has been invaulable and insightful. Although, I’m not at the escalation stage it has given me clear insight in what I need to do *IF* I reach that stage. Fingers crossed I don’t, but unfortunately it looks to be heading that way.

Grumpy
    Participant

Little update. I rang the general number and got through straight away using option 8. Nice man answered. Explained that it was 8 weeks but no updates on tracking since 12th June. Man expressed concern as it is a straightforward renewal and documentation received and proof of identity. He tried to put me through to the progress team, all lines busy of course. He emailed them with the scenario and has requested a call back, so we will see. I’m hoping that at least someone will look at it and get things moving again! I will let you know! I’m going to keep trying- not giving up yet!

Deanc
    Participant

Hi All,

I submitted my son’s renewal passport which as submitted on line on the 19th April. Same month they rec’d the documents. Still no sign of the passport, and we fly on our family holiday on the 31st July. I’ve followed the guidance on line to email expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk with the reference, name and proof we are flying. It states they will get back to us within 48 hours… however, we are way passed the 48 hours, so i rang 0300 222 0000 this morning and the operator told me they will get back to me, but they have a lot to get through, and quite frank full wasn’t helpful at all! So am I just meant to wait until the 31st in the hope it comes or not or lose our money and our family holiday? Spoke with the traveller operator, and to move the holiday we would have to pay 100% of the holiday… so another £5k…..!!!

Does anyone have any advice what my next steps should be? i can keep ringing that number each day, but they couldn’t give me any info, apart from asking if i had expedited it!

Thanks in advance
    Stressed parent!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Deanc.
    rabia1992
    Participant

@grumpy. Can I ask what number I was it that you called?

Grumpy
    Participant

@rabbia1992 hi it was the general number on the website. Listen to the options and then select “any other query “ which was option 8.

rabia1992
    Participant

Thank you. I will try that.

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Deanc,

I emailed the office that my application is being processed at (Belfast) on the 11th July and they replied back to me on the 17th. I also emailed the expedite team and they still haven’t got back to me. They do seem to be right up against it at the moment and are working through applications based on travel dates. They seem to be 3-4 days before travel date before they contact you.

This morning I went to my local office (Glasgow) and basically just queued up with a lot of desperate people. I travel on Saturday so they let me in to explain my circumstances. Took all my details and said they would contact Belfast office as Urgent and I should hear back from Belfast this afternoon and they should be able to tell me when I can collect my passport from Glasgow.

Probably doesnt help your stress at this time but do not give up hope, I havent heard of anyone not being able to get their passport (as long as they are prepared to doorstep their local office). Hopefully you are close to one.

Good luck

Deanc
    Participant

Fingers crossed you can pick up your passport soon and have a fantastic holiday.

In regards to queuing up, and hoping it doesn’t come to that, but i want to be prepared, do you know if i would i need to take the applicant? In this case, my 5 year old son, or just rock up with my PEX reference number, proof of holiday etc?

Grumpy
    Participant

Another update. The progress team actually rang. Again very nice but no joy. Can’t ask to expedite until 10 weeks after docs received not application. Need proof of travel which we don’t have as we obeyed through gov advice! It’s bonkers. Just got to sit and wait. I will try to contact the Durham office at 10 weeks though. Hoping I’ll get it by then …… anyway thought I would share this experience so far

Jezzreal
    Participant

@harlynb thanks, sadly its my sons passport so he doesnt have any other form of ID and think even tho a passport isnt technically needed some form of ID is.

On a brighter note, the Durham office phoned this morning and my passport was approved, printed and shipped next day (meaning it should arrive tomorrow) i have had the Royal Mail Txt as well saying it will arive before 1pm tommorow.

For all those still waiting, I don’t know which of these made the difference in the end but as well as calling constantly, I also got my MP involved and emailed all three of these emails (twice) with the situation marking it as Urgent and setting the importance to “High”

DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk <DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk>
    EscalatedService@hmpo.gov.uk <EscalatedService@hmpo.gov.uk>
    ExpeditedService <ExpeditedService@hmpo.gov.uk>

When I rang them yesterday, the particulaly usless person, who wouldnt even put me through to anyone else and claimed they had no ability to do so, did say that they where working on passports traveling in the within the next couple of days and with my travel on Saturday I assume that this is why it got sorted today.
    Just to confirm I was not asked for any proof, and infact was very honest with them that it was my intent to travel on saturday (thats when work AL is booked and when family events are happening) and made the point that I couldnt book it prior to that due to not having the passport and not being able to risk losing the money and that this was in fact the advice that the Passport Office itself provides.

Grumpy
    Participant

@Jezzreal thank you so much for posting such useful information. I too have not booked due to the advice, but need to book and go in the school hols. Was told today that I can’t do anything until 20 weeks after docs received and then only if travel booked. Out of interest when did you contact the emails you have provided ? Was it week 10 or before?
    Delighted that you have your passport!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.