10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Upsidedown
    Participant

@Estival ours was expedited I am pretty sure because it had been processing for well over 10 weeks. (Bearing in mind that HMPO counts 10 weeks from when your supporting documents were received, not from when your application was submitted. We were over 12 weeks from the date our documents were officially received. If it is at that point, I would suggest you send the details of your application process and then say that you have tried to do the right thing by not booking, but the uncertainty of when you will be able to travel is causing considerable stress and anxiety.

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

@Upsidedown,

Out of interest which eMail address did you use?

I’m not that stage yet, but it would be useful to have just in case.

Upsidedown
    Participant

I used the address Helly87 supplied – it was expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

Ta.

screamer
    Participant

Upsidedown, When i spoke to HMPO yesterday they lady said i was exactly 10 weeks and that was taken when it was submitted

Neil G
    Participant

We just had a call from HMPO say my sons was approved and being printed today then on a courier for delivery tomorrow touchwood, it’s 10 weeks exactly tomorrow.

Countless phone calls, emails to upgrade teams, expedite team etc hours of on hold calls and sleepless nights it better turn up tomorrow.

Estival
    Participant

@Upsidedown

Thanks for this, will try that. Mine was a postal application posted just over 10 weeks ago and I got this text message a week and a half later:

We’ve received your passport application. Please allow 10 weeks for it be processed. Do not call for updates; we’ll contact you if more information is needed.

Does the 10 weeks start from when I posted it or when they sent me the text message?

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Estival, I applied online on the 27th April but they only started counting the wait from the date they messaged me to say they had received my old passport. Did you send all your documents along with your application?

Upsidedown
    Participant

@screamer there are many many people on this forum who have been told by HMPO staff that it only counts from when your documents received, because they can’t start working on it until then. It should count from submission though, I agree, and maybe it did count from then until the times started blowing out.

Estival
    Participant

COLANDJO73 Yes all my documents were sent with the postal application but it was nearly 2 weeks after I sent it that I received the text message to say they’d received it. I’m guessing the 10 weeks starts from the text message knowing my luck 😏

ks18
    Participant

they received my application in the Durham office on the 25th April and every time I’ve chased it they say its awaiting examination so still hasn’t even been checked and I’m past the 10 weeks from them receiving the application, I spoke to someone on webchat yesterday who advised me to contact advice line and ask them to email expedite team at Durham internally to see what hold up is and they’ve requested a call back too – still heard nothing from either of those teams so unsure of what those waiting times are – but expecting i will be making more chase up calls tomorrow if i have heard nothing by then. still may need an interview too with it being 1st passport which will have more delays or something as well

Estival
    Participant

Mine is stuck at Durham too awaiting examination. Did you get an email address for Durham? I’ve just got expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk and never got a response from them.

By the way is awaiting examination better than “in processing” or is it the same thing?

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Estival ours were at Durham and that was the email address I emailed. I am not sure there is a difference – ours was with an examiner for weeks, I think just sitting on their desk.

ks18
    Participant

@upsidedown, thats where i think mine is now just letting others pile on top of it as still no further than them receiving in durham on 25th, spoke to someone who would email internally see what the hold up is and just received an email asking me for the name/D.O.B/application number for it – which ive already sent in numerous times so just feels like going in circles

Estival
    Participant

@upsidedown @ks18

Yes think mine is also on the same desk. It’s so unfair how they’re processing more current applications instead of dealing with them in date order. I’m hearing stories of people who applied only 2 weeks ago who have already got them back!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.