Anybody Who has been sucsessful through new upgrade process please give us all

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Anybody Who has been sucsessful through new upgrade process please give us all

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

Kebybaby – Great to hear your story. It gives us all hope. Today is a big day i think. Lets hope we all have some good news by the end of it

fielding28
    Participant

All – just to say I’ve been advised to make sure the email you send your upgrade request to needs to be capitalised as e.g. LiverpoolUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk and not just liverpoolupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk. Apparently the latter wont go through, for reasons beyond my techphobic mind! You should get an automatic reply through from whichever office you email.

coralp
    Participant

I did put capital letters but I’ve not received any auto reply nor failed deliver notification.
    Will forward my original email to them again.

LAPP
    Participant

Hi does anybody know exactly who or how I get in touch to upgrade my passport please … not sure who I should be ringing or dealing with? So stressed 🤯

fielding28
    Participant

@LAPP best best is to try and contact customer service first, as you need to find out which office your application is with. They often internally transfer applications to different offices without letting you know, so I would advise checking before sending anything. Depending on what stage your application is at, they may also advise you to contact your local office as opposed to the one dealing with your application.

You need to be travelling within 2 weeks time or they wont look at your request. Then it’s a case of emailing your full name, DOB, address, application reference number, contact details (email and phone number), date of travel and evidence/confirmation of flight details to [relevant office]UpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk.

kebybaby
    Participant

As an update true to their word, I got the notification that my passport has been printed and I will get tracking details in the next day or so and it will be delivered before I fly.

Keep the faith.

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Keeping fingers and toes all crossed.

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Fingers crossed have you had any success today with the upgrade service? Hope so.

coralp
    Participant

Anyone heard from the upgrade team today?

urgentpassport0426
    Participant

Nope I haven’t. Although I have seen one or two success stories on Twitter. Has anyone heard of anyone successfully getting upgrade from Durham office? I haven’t yet which is worrying!

coralp
    Participant

are these upgrade team working??? One whole day and 6-7 passport offices, they can only managed like under 5 upgrade requests????
    I haven’t seen any from Peterborough office either

urgentpassport0426
    Participant

I seen one from Peterborough! Think the person is flying 21st and got a call yesterday on the 19th.

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

Hi everyone
    Another day goes by and no contact by the upgrade team.
    We made a complaint today to the complaints department. They have told us that they have passed our case onto the upgrade team and we should hear from either someone from upgrade or someone from complaints team in the next 2 days.
    We fly on the 26th so i am begining to loose hope.
    My wife is broken she has been the one doing all the calls and she cant take anymore. I am now just praying that Glasgow upgrade team contact us today

urgentpassport0426
    Participant

How did you make the complaint? Is it the online form? And they got back to you so so quickly?

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

@urgentpassport0426 No they tried to fob us off with “fill in this form” but we demanded they put us through to someone. In the end they gave us a number to call and to be fair they answered quickly. I do not want to give out the phone number on this board due to what happened with the upgrade team. As soon as the news hit that there was an upgrade available then everyone was applying for it ( even the ones outside the 14 day period) which then clogged up the system.
    Hope everyone understands
    and i am praying we get a call today

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.